I notice no-one relied to your question although its quite a while ago. I replied now because the answer could be useful to you, or to anyone else with similar questions.
By now you should have more information since you will been more than one year after surgery, but I think what is key is the biopsies after your surgery on the lymph nodes. My original diagnosis was similar, I had an RC but since no infection was found in the adjacent lymph nodes chose not to have chemo, or any other treatment before or after surgery. All this was over 20 years ago.
After I've found blood in my urine in January, I was eventually diagnosed with an aggressive high-grade T2 bladder cancer.
The RC is scheduled for August and chemotherapy is starting in 2 weeks. However, my oncologist said the chemo increases my chances by only 5%.
I'm 42 years old and married with my wonderful wife since only one year. We were to start our life together but now I don't even know whether this or the next summer will be my last one. I'm deeply saddened and I can't think of anything else. I'm heartbroken and I hope someone can give me an educated guess regarding my real chances (worst/best case) based on my diagnosis (see below) as my doctors are holding back with estimates as usual.
A. BLADDER TUMOR, TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION / FROZEN SECTION:
- POORLY DIFFERENTIATED CARCINOMA, HIGH GRADE, INVASIVE, WITH MARKED FREEZING AND POSSIBLE CAUTERY ARTIFACT.
B. SUPERFICIAL BLADDER TUMOR, TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION:
- POORLY DIFFERENTIATED, INVASIVE CARCINOMA, WITH IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL STAINING PROFILE COMPATIBLE WITH HIGH GRADE, POORLY DIFFERENTIATED, INVASIVE UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA.
- INVASION OF MUSCULARIS PROPRIA / DETRUSOR MUSCLE IS IDENTIFIED. C. BASE OF BLADDER TUMOR, TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION:
- POORLY DIFFERENTIATED, INVASIVE CARCINOMA, COMPATIBLE WITH HIGH-GRADE, POORLY DIFFERENTIATED, INVASIVE UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA.
- TUMOR SHOWS INVASION OF MUSCULARIS PROPRIA / DETRUSOR MUSCLE.
COMMENT: In specimens B and C the tumor shows extensive invasion of muscularis propria.
I know it's a long way to go and anything can happen. Yet I'd need to know more in order to make peace with whatever could happen.