Finally heard from the doc this afternoon and the PET scan is set for Feb. 3. Next week Dad has two appointments, one on Wed for pre-op visit and then Friday for the PET and then surgery the following Wednesday. What else is there to do at this point other than pray and be supportive?
You may want to ask the doctor why not do a complete PET scan (head to toe). That's what they have me. You already have the radioactive stuff injected and you already are on the machine, it's just a matter of starting the image sooner and stopping the image later. My insurance had no issue approving that.
The lungs are the most critical element right now. cancer tends to look for the filters of the body. If all goes well with the PET scan of the lungs, then the bladder is the next step..
I am wishing for a negative report from the PET scan (they have it backwards in the medical world....... negative is good)
Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.
08/08/08...RC neo bladder
New Man! [/size]
Thank you everyone for your replies. This has been a new experience. It seems the wheels turn slowly and yet we feel such an urgency. We are still waiting for the insurance company to approve the PET scan of his lungs before he gets the appointment. I am certainly hoping there is a response today. The TURB is scheduled for the 8th. At this stage I am more worried about his lungs.
Tina, So sorry about your dad, and all that your family is going through. There is a ton of info on this site if you know where to access it. You can go back and read entire threads of members here from start through their fight with cancer. It can be a great road map for your dad's cancer fight.
Wishing you and your family the best.