non-invasive CIS bladder cancer, stage 0-1

9 years 5 months ago #47517 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic non-invasive CIS bladder cancer, stage 0-1
What the Cornell doc said makes sense to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47516 by ronm
Alan, Cornell said interferon would weaken the BCG and is used for patients who had trouble tolerating BCG. I thought it helped the BCG but he should know.

9 years 5 months ago #47515 by Alan
Adding interferon has worked in many cases! Good luck and most of us would say the extra opinion is well worth it. It sounds like you are getting some good advice.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronm

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #47514 by ronm
Had a third opinion at Cornell today. The doctor was very informative and spent a lot of time with us and thinks another round of BCG without Introl is worth a try rather then the study with its risks of early trials. He thinks I have a better then 50% chance of stopping this the second time.

Still on the ropes. ....

9 years 5 months ago #47511 by ronm
I appreciate the reply and best of luck with you too on your journey. My original doctor thinks that another dose of BCG with Intron A1 might be effective. I'm looking into it and getting another opinion tomorrow. I'm just trying to weigh all my options as the unknown does scare me. Thanks again!

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #47509 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic non-invasive CIS bladder cancer, stage 0-1
I understand from your post that if the drugs don't work they will stop them at once. And then you can do the bladder removal. The doctors never keep you on drugs that don't work. For any cancer. So you can try the drugs first then you will have no regrets. I always consider clinical trials for new drugs as a medicine of the future that you can get today. I am recent to bc, but I fought a lymphoma for at least 23 years (it's incurable). A lot of lymphoma patients survive from trial to trial. One trial does not work they go to the next. There is a difference though. Lymphoma is not operable, there is no choice to remove it. But as I said I am new to BC. So other people might advise better.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne