BCG Treatment Journey

8 months 5 days ago #61967 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Had my scope on August 23rd after rounds 7,8,9. Unfortunately, two new tumors were discovered. They want to schedule me for another TURBT, but since I recently had a stent in my heart and now on plavix blood thinners, they can't do the procedure. Currently in limbo waiting for the urologist to consult with the cardiologist to decide if and when I can stop the plavix and have the TURBT. My head is spinning a bit, not only with the unknown scheduling of the TURBT, but also because the new tumors have appeared so soon after starting BCG. Trying to stay positive is a struggle at times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 6 days ago #61966 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Eddie. All three were very similar. Instillation went smooth, flopping around no problem. First void to expel the BCG was normal, it’s the next few where there’s some cramping and burning.  Nothing new or unusual for me anyways.  I do expel a “clot” or two the next morning, but am told it’s normal.  Good luck with your scope!  

8 months 6 days ago #61965 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank,  Was there anything unusual about you last 3 treatments or were they about usual, just wondering?  I have a scope in 2 weeks (9/20) and then I will have 10, 11, & 12.  I am hoping for good news for both of us.  I'll update everyone as I move forward. How is everyone else doing?  Hannah, what is your regiment like, time wise.  Hope you are doing well.  Stay Strong Everyone.  Eddie

8 months 6 days ago #61964 by Alkamodaddy
Hello everyone.  I hope everyone’s treatments are going ok.  I just finished BCG treatments 10,11,12. Now I am scheduled for scope Nov1.  You never get used to the treatments especially the hours afterwards.  I just have to keep reminding myself things could be worse.  Keep the faith all!  Hank 

9 months 1 week ago #61936 by Alkamodaddy
Interesting Hannah.  After reading how long your in the office, it made me wonder if the time involved would affect which treatment they would encourage.  Hopefully that’s not the case and we getting the most effective treatment based on merit.  Hank

9 months 1 week ago #61935 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Wow!  90 minutes  is a long time and I'm not sure I could last that long!  Have you found anything that helps minimize the pain associated with the spasms?  I have no spasms with the docetaxel which is interesting since I don't have a catheter in at this point.  I wonder if that makes a difference?  I will say that the 4th instillation was better than the 3rd one.  This may be due to the timing of trospium which i took 2 hours beforehand on an empty stomach.  An hour later I took an over-the-counter stress pill .  Perhaps both factors contributed to an improved experience.

I did find out that the BCG tx is the one more widely used due to the fact that it doesn't require as much in-office time as the gem/doce tx;  

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne