Waves of extreme tiredness

16 years 5 months ago #10027 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Waves of extreme tiredness
...and don't forget the deep psychological trauma of being told you have a condition that will hang over your head for the rest of your life, even under the best of circumstances. The idea of life long follow up and threat of recurrence is a deeply disturbing thing that we usually push aside in order to deal.

It does get easier to live with in time, that's my experience...but I am definitely not the same person i was before. And always tired, too. I've learned how to be productive in very comfortable positions, and make priorities- like if I know I'm going to need energy in the evening i have an easy day. I can't do both, busy day and busy evening or I just collapse.

Hey, could be worse.
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9981 by marigold
Replied by marigold on topic Waves of extreme tiredness
I had an RC in August of 2006. Yes, I am still tired a lot of the time even though I am pretty much recovered. Some days, EVERYTHING is a lot of effort.

16 years 5 months ago #9980 by KALWASINSKI
Replied by KALWASINSKI on topic Waves of extreme tiredness
Tim, I think a lot to do with your tiedness has a lot to do with the stress/anxiety of bladder cancer even if it is under control. After all we all think about this so much. I know I sure do and I get tired out too and I only been on this ship since February. Try to relax as much as possible it seems to me extra rest calms those nerves we never knew we had. I alway's felt if I got off the beach I would be hard to beat. Best wishes from the United States.

16 years 5 months ago #9978 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Waves of extreme tiredness
Hi Tim :)

I can tell you from my own experience that I have been very, very tired since around the time of my initial diagnosis. There are some days that it is all that I can do to make it to the easy chair to take a nap. So when I get to the chair, I just drop..... :-\

I'm pretty sure that BCG's can exacerbate the problem, too.

I guess the best help I can give on this issue is to just sympathize.

I do love my naps, though.

Take care.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9971 by Groover
Waves of extreme tiredness was created by Groover
Greetings to all. This is my first post, though I've been regularly visiting this site for the past couple of years. It's been of great help, and I thank those of you who make regular postings.

May I ask people's opinion whether it common to contine to go through episodes of *extreme* tiredness even when your bladder cancer is "under control" My energy levels are not always helped when you are trying to lead a normal life, work full-time, have two young children, but on certain weekends, or when I have just finished work, I just have to lie down for an hour.

I will try to keep this short, here's my cancer history. I'm 42 years old. Low grade, superficial cancer was discovered two years ago in my right ureter that had spread to affect my right kidney, (my kidney was tested, and shown to be no longer working). Both were removed a couple of years ago.

Since then, Ta G2 bladder cancers, typically three very small ones at a time, have been detected during almost every cysto, bar one. Within my first two years of diagnosis I have already had x4 TUR's. I'm still Ta G2. Four months ago I finished a series of 6-weekly BCG treatments, though not much success with this either, two superficial tumours were discovered during my very next cysto - another TUR! And yes, I always receive a Mytomicine wash after my TUR's.

I am happy that my cancer remains low grade, though I just can't seem to get out of the cycle of extremely frequent reoccurrances.

Tim, (Brit living/working in Belgium)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne