Cysto

16 years 4 months ago #9946 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Cysto
Linda,

I say hurrah for your up to date doctor who is not rushing you into an immediate TURB because a small tumor was seen. He is adhering to "watchful waiting" for low grade growths. I did this same type watchful waiting on my tumors for 1 1/2 year on one recurrence and another for 2 years before having it removed. See the guidelines on this copied and pasted directly from the bladder cancer web cafe site.
Rosie Expectant treatment of small, recurrent, low-grade, noninvasive tumors of the urinary bladder,.."As long as the tumors are low grade, the risk of invasion or metastasis is zero. Every small papillary tumor does not require removal when observed. Some of these tumors grow very slowly and, with proper reassurance, can be safely monitored. "Mark Soloway; Miami; Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations Volume 24, Issue 1 , January-February 2006, Pages 58-61 PubMed

Watchful Waiting Policy in Recurrent Ta G1 Bladder Tumors - Conclusions: Small, recurrent papillary bladder tumors after resection of low-grade Ta tumor(s) pose minimal risk for the patient. A watchful waiting policy— without resection of the tumor—may be considered in these patients Ofer N. Gofrit, et al.Israel; European Urology Volume 49, Issue 2 , February 2006, Pages 303-307 PubMed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #9906 by linda.monette
Cysto was created by linda.monette
I just had my quarterly cysto. The dr. indicated one small "tiny insignificant" non-invasive tumor. Everything else looks great. He said we'll take another look at it in three months. I was somewhat upset at having a recurrence and he indicated I should not worry, the tumor is very tiny.

Has anyone else had a similar finding and what was the follow up?

Thx,

Linda M
dx'd 05
Low grade papillary non-invasive low grade
Turbt in 05
Recur Turbt 10/06

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne