Mind Games and Diversions

16 years 4 months ago #10015 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Mind Games and Diversions
glad to hear you are feeling positive Potter and that we could help. its not always easy but there are millions of ways to "live in the moment" and appreciate what's actually happening right now even when parts of your life aren't going great. none of us really knows what's in the future and we can't control it with worry. keep up the good work my friend.

all the best

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #9988 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Mind Games and Diversions
Potter,
getting back to life, good for you, it means stepping out, out of that cloud hanging over your head,,the more you do it, the more you will feel life is out there to enjoy.... we forget that when dealing with bladder cancer..Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #9286 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Mind Games and Diversions
Potter,

Just another comment on diversions. My diversion for the anxious, inactive period of the week off from work following TURB (and waiting for pathology results) was SUDOKU puzzles.

I highly recommend them for as an aid to keep the mind from running amok.

Buds,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9284 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Mind Games and Diversions
Potter,

Thank you very much for your insights.

I am making this my guidepost for the day. I think that when you get to the point where your mind is clear enough to realize this truth, then there seems to be an after knowledge that all is well and all will be well.

Thanks for the encouraging reminder on this day.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9283 by Potter
Mind Games and Diversions was created by Potter
Hi all,
continuing to drink deeply of the abundant literature for BC. Read the other day that going to the gym is great for taking your mind off BC issues. Totally endorse that. Went to the gym last night and went on the treadmill for 40 minutes. For those 40 minutes I was unburdened of the constant references in my head to BC. I felt absolutely fantastic. Similarly, the references from Tim and Rosie vis connecting with others is excellent advice. I teach at a large senior school and as my abscence from work as lengthened so as my distance from others. Seeing pupils out and about and having them greet me reminded me of my duty of service to others. Hence I am keen to return and make my contribution in the life of young people. My next challenge on the horizon is my first post op cysto next Wednesday. Here's hoping that nobody rains on my parade on that day!

Potter

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne