Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow

16 years 1 month ago #13055 by Rosemary
Congratulations to Yose.

Thank you very much for keeping in touch and giving us the update.

Here's hoping for a another good year and clean scopes!!

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13051 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post my husband's good report. Like Rosemary, he was diagnosed 2 years ago (11/05). He just had his checkup last Thursday (1/24) and his bladder is clean. It's been 2 years with no recurrances. We are so thankful! It's always stressful when the checkup date is getting close. He will have the maintenance BCG after his next checkup in 3 months. He's dreading that part. He gets flu-like symptoms, an aching back and bloody discharge during the treatments but at least it's only 3 treatments. My best to all of you!

Yosemite

16 years 2 months ago #13028 by Rosemary
Nancy,

So glad to hear of your clean cysto and good Doctors!!

I have had a total of 12 BCG's. We tried maintenance BCG but my body had a strange
reaction to the BCG's and I was unable to continue.

Good luck, Nancy!! I hope that your cysto's continue to be clean!!

Keep us posted...

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13026 by Nix
Hi Rosemary,

How many BCG's have you had? I know with my CIS it is a different ballgame - but I am (hopefully) having maintenance BCG if my next scope is clear.
As everyone suggested on the forum, I did go to Moffitt Cancer Center and meet a great Dr. - He said my Uro was doing exactly what he would do - and hopefully I will continue to get clean cytos. Of course, I am very worried right before each cysto. My last appointment to get the results of the byopsies was @ 4 PM - I thought the time would never get pass - fortunately, it was good news - from now on I will go early in the day!
NancyS

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

16 years 2 months ago #12812 by Rosemary
Thank you and good luck to my old friend Yose on Thursday. Here's hoping for good news.

My Dr. told me last visit that he wasn't a big believer in maintenance BCG. This works out well for me because I just don't think my body can do it.

Please keep us posted.

Very best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #12809 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
Congratulations Rosemary! I'm happy to hear your good news. My husband's check up is on Thursday at 4:00 p.m. I think you have a good idea about scheduling the appt. in the morning. His appts. are in the afternoon and it's a bit stressful waiting the whole day. He's been clear for 2 years (as of Dec. 2007) but is still on the 3 month checks for one more year. Also, he'll start maintenance BCG in April or May. I think you have said that you weren't having that anymore. My best to everyone here!

Yosemite

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne