Wanted - Mentor for newbie to BC!

16 years 5 months ago #9058 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Wanted - Mentor for newbie to BC!
welcome fellow brit! actually,the best advice as regards this site is just for you to take a look around, read the posts and don't be afraid to ask questions. Feel free to PM me anytime if you like. I'm reasonably knowledgeable, a BC veteran of some 14 years I first got diagnosed at 29 years of age. so maybe it's 15! As far as being a BC newbie goes, that phrase encompasses many stages and states of the disease as people arive at it so it's hard to make a definitive list. I guess a top tip would be to stop smoking if you do as I think most of us are agreed, doctors, scientists and BC patients, that it makes things worse. the next thing I would say is, if you are considering improving your diet to make yourself feel better and fighting fit, then make changes gradually. that has always worked best for me. and make changes with a view to feeling good as a principal motivation. you'll certainly find all kinds of concise info concerning all stages as you browse this very active site.

all the best and welcome

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9057 by Potter
Wanted - Mentor for newbie to BC! was created by Potter
May I take this opportunity to thank those people who responded to my query as regards frequent urination. This website is absolutely marvellous! As a newbie to bladder cancer I am reading widely around the topic and i am confused by the amount of contradictory opinion. Herbal supplements is one such area. However, I am aware that people like yourselves have been there, got the T-shirt and done it and that you are effectively my best point of reference along with with my doctor! If you were to compile a small list of must do's for newbies what would they be? I am sure your counsel would be wise and well considered. I look forward to your thoughts and advice.

Incidentally, I had a day of real joy today. I didn't need to go to the loo so often. My anxiety about returning to work is lessening.

Potter :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne