First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?

16 years 5 months ago #9177 by beglin99
Replied by beglin99 on topic First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?
Hey Gman...

Just do not have negative thoughts... Here is my Cysto record...

Mar 05.. found TAG1
Aug 05..clean
Feb 06..clean
Sep 06.. found TAG1
Jan 07.. clean
Apr 07..clean
Aug 07..clean
Dec 07.. on the schedule and I am thinking clean... :D

BC is something we can certainly deal with.. just stay with the cystos... I feel like I can do it to myself now... only kidding... Hang in there and good luck...

Bill

Retired USAF Col, father of 4, grandfather of 9, greatgrandfather of one.. Enjoying life to the max...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9153 by flamenco
Replied by flamenco on topic First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?
Hi,
Sorry to be a while replying to you. I know exactly how you feel, but it gets better with time. at first I don·t think one hour went by without it worming its way into my thoughts. One thing I did find helped was going to the gym - it·s just impossible to work out and worry at the same time ! And it really makes you feel more in control, and that you are doing something yourself to fight back. If you·re up to it I can really recommend it for the <feelgood> factor. I also just keep reminding myself that I am a really LUCKY person, to have found out that I had a problem in time to have the best available treatment. Don·t worry -be happy.
All the best Flamenco

16 years 6 months ago #9025 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?
Dear Gman,

I understand how you feel because I certainly have been there. There were days when I totally forgot I ever had cancer, but many more when my fears kept surfacing. I hope you have good people around you for support. I'm starting BCG next week, and my long-time coworkers know it. That's a good and bad thing. Some come up to me frequently and ask if I've started my treatments yet, how are my treatments going, how am I doing with my treatments, etc, and I haven't even started yet! I know they mean well, but to be reminded of it several times a day is not a good thing. I'm being treated like a cancer victim, not a person. I'm going to have to tell them that they can open a conversation with me by saying a sentence without "treatment" in it. :-) My point is, it's good to talk to people who are helpful and supportive; they will help you get through it. You may have to coach some people in how to be supportive, and avoid those who can't or won't be. When I am feeling fear or sadness about my cancer, I talk to someone who understands, or write a message here, and it helps me.

I hope the next 3 months goes by faster for you than you think it will right now, and that you have nothing but good news at that time.

Connie

16 years 6 months ago #9022 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?
My sister had a Ta, G1 tumor 9 yrs ago. Yearly cystos for life never let you forget you had? have? bladder cancer. In fact, any cancer will haunt you for life if you let it.

I think helping others helps...but not if you would like to totally forget about having it!

Hang in, it will get easier.
Wendy

16 years 6 months ago #9016 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First 6 BCG instillations done, now what?
GMan,

This sounds so pat, but what you do is you just keep living. Do the things that you always enjoyed doing, and just keep turning the page.

Believe it or not, you may be a better person, and also be able to help other people for having gone through this.

We are here to listen and to understand what you are going through whatever the outcome turns out to be in 3 months.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 6 months ago #9013 by Mike
Gman there are no tricks for this but the waiting is the hardest part without a doubt. I had so many tests done with my tumor there were days I thought my heart was going to jump out of my mouth. Easier said then done but what I did was focus as positive as I could and keep myself busy. You can't put BC in the past man that be nice because it is part of your life now. Hang in there and think positive and you'll be ok. Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne