Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal

16 years 5 months ago #8991 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Welcome to the club. I've had clots with every biopsy. After the initial TURB when I first had cancer, I had a clot obstructing flow but apparently still adherent to the bladder wall. I was so miserable, I catheterized myself and the clot covered the catheter. Fortunately when I removed the catheter a torrent of bloody urine passed. Then I took an Ambien to try to get some sleep but spent the remainder of the night up trying to pass the clot.
I've always had bladder symptoms for 10 days after a procedure. Your symptoms seem to be quite a bit longer. If your UA is negative and there's no infection, there are lots of meds that can relieve your symptoms from Detrol to Urised. Do ask your urologist. Absence of cancer does not make your symptoms unimportant. Urologists treat lots of things besides bladder cancer.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #8986 by egtmcsq
Replied by egtmcsq on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal

16 years 5 months ago #8977 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Maybe you just need more time to heal. Good chance. Also, maybe use an anti=cholergenic/spasmodic drug to keep the urgency at bay during working hours. You could ask...Detrol, Pyridium, something like that.

Good luck and get better quick.
Wendy

16 years 5 months ago #8967 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Dear Potter,

I haven't had a TURB in 1 year and 9 months and I still have to urinate a lot. It gets aggravating. There was one morning recently when I had to go to the potty every 15 minutes for the first hour at work. Then it tapered off to about every 20 minutes. I have to get up about 4 times a night.

I don't know what causes this, but my Urinalysis have been "crystal clear" since my TURB. The thing is, how can you not drink when you are depleting all that water from your body? I GET REALLY THIRSTY!!!

If you find out what it is, please let me know. No one has been able to tell me yet....

This can't be of much help, but it's all I know...

Please let us know when you know.

Sincerely,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #8958 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
What exactly did pathology report say? Pat

16 years 5 months ago #8949 by Potter
Hi all,
had g1 pta turbt august 31. Returned to work 2 weeks later. After 9 days had water retention. Admitted to hospital again and catheterized. Lost a lot of blood. Saw my surgeon whilst there. He said i was one of the unlucky 5% who suffer from scab coming off and blocking exit to bladder. I enquired about frequent urinating as a consequence of drinking 6-8 glasses of water because this was making my ability to function in my workplace difficult. He said to moderate water intake accordingly. However, even with less intake the urge to go after drinking water is always there. This urge seems to be exasperated by movement. Saw own GP about this he recomended antibiotics and I also sent off a urine sample which came back clear. I am now getting quite anxious about this as i return to work in a week. I do go in for another cystcopy in 3 weeks. Maybe the surgeon will be able to comment on this. However, I do get the sense that removing the cancer was his responsibility and getting better is mine. I would be very grateful to hear from others who have had similar experiences and hopefully reloved them.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne