Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal

16 years 5 months ago #9829 by Potter
Replied by Potter on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Hi all!
i wonder how many of us were frequent "voiders" prior to our operations anyway. I certainly was and unlike my friends was sadly ( i jest) never able to show my alchohol prowess due to regular visits to the toilet. A further point i would like to raise is the following; do you all drink lots of water? I struggle with this and note that being a water drinker in a coffee drinking community is almost as anti social as being a vegetarian at a carnivores party!

Best wishes, Potter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9766 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Warren,

It is so nice to know that I am not alone in this. I have been assuming that my frequent urination was a result of the Bladder Cancer, though when I remember back, like you, I have always "gone" a lot.

....Methinks I google too much.

My new grandbaby is beautiful, but my son told me tonight that the Doctor says he has a sacral dimple. This solves a mystery for both my mother and me as we both have problems at times with a certain inflammation at the bottom of our spines. I am moving along to my point here, which is that in googling "sacral dimple", I came across frequent urination due to malformation of the spine (a sign?) and then to the term "neurogenic urination"....which can be a cause of frequent urnination.

Who would think that urination has anything to do with the spinal cord?

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9765 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Dear Fluke Lady,
As far back as I can remember I've always had to know where the restroom was wherever we went. It's a family joke. For just about every place we went on vacation my photo album has a picture of me and my twin standing in front of the men's room. Sleeping through the night? ... I can't remember the last time. And all this began long before I ever had a TURB or bladder CA.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 5 months ago #9761 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Once again, it seems that I am the fluke around here. It's been 1 year and 10 months since diagonisis with 2 TURB at the beginning of 2006.

I bet I hit the bathroom about 15 times or more this morning. One of these days, I'm going to count. It might be more than 15, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

So, it's not a matter of healing of TURB's for me. It's here to stay.

The doctors say that my bladder looks "great" and that the urine is "crystal clear".
Till later, :-X
Fluke lady

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9726 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Potter,

The fourth TURB I had resulted in urgency need everytime I stood up for almost a year. It was the first time that had be the situation post up. None of the previous TURB's post op had that effect on me. I had my fifth TURB in Septmeber. No problem whatsover with any urgency post op. Prior to this fifth TURB I told this new doctor I would not accept an intern to do my TURB as the prior one was the worst post op experience I had and it was done by an intern with my urologist teaching him. My urologist stated that he did not cut too deep into the muscle at the ureter orifice as that is where all the "nerves" for bladder control are. I surmise that the intern in the prior TURB did cut too deep in that area and it thus affected my urgency control. Makes sense to me. Rosie

16 years 5 months ago #9710 by Potter
Replied by Potter on topic Frequent urination after G1 PTA removal
Hi again,
saw my consultant today 8 weeks after my turbt. Asked about my loss of control over my bladder. He said the scar would be mega sensitive and that this would create urgency. Also said that in time as a new layer of skin grew over the wound that the urgency would diminish. Hope this info helps others ou there and proves to be accurate!

best wishes, Potter :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne