34 yr old male, Can someone elaborate my tumor?

17 years 8 months ago #892 by jhferry
Your right man. Im going nuts over this. I still feel like crap from the Cysto cause he removed the tumor and a stricture near the end of my urethra. I will still post here though because I have to go through the regiman of a cysto each month and will post on whatever I find is preventative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #887 by cta7978
A Ta tumor is non-invasive superficial bladder cancer which is typically graded by cancer cell differentiation as either Grade 1, 2 or 3.  The least agressive and least invasive of these cancerous bladder tumors would be a TaG1. From what I understand you don't even have bladder cancer, but a no grade transitional papilloma, which has a 7% chance of recurring as a cancerous bladder tumor.  So, your not even on the scale yet!  A T1 tumor has already invaded down trhough the first membrane in the bladder, you definitely don't have that - couldn't because you don't have cancer.

If in the 7 out of 100 chance you do recurr with superficial bladder cancer, then you can worry about the stage/grade.  Sounds to me like your doctor is even overkilling your treatment by treating your papilloma like cancer.

YOU DO NOT HAVE CANCER RIGHT NOW!  Beat that into your head  ;)

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

17 years 8 months ago #886 by jhferry
Chris, is what I had considered TA or T1? im not sure I understand that. My Doc just told me it was a grade 0. Im assuming TA by the papilloma diagnosis. If the lab was wrong, which is unlikely, I think I would rather not know anyway. Im getting a cysto every 3 months anyway so why go more nuts than I already am.

I hope to herbally cleanse this crap out of me and was told the pot and where I lived in NJ had a high risk and thats probably the cause.

17 years 8 months ago #839 by Rosemary
I also wanted to post this from the Lamm site. Dr. Lamm, whatever his motives or issues are, is at least out there talking about what might help us.

Go, Dr. Lamm!!

"We have studied chemoprevention in animals with garlic, which reduced bladder tumor growth and prolonged survival..."

www.bcgoncology.com/drlamm/

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 8 months ago #836 by Rosemary
Dear JH,

I think we are kindred spirits. In the Alternative Treatments area of the forum, I have posted a protocol for bladder cancer from "Prescription for Herbal Healing"...

Bladder Cancer has knocked the socks off of everything that I have known about being healthy.

You brought up the subject of the "immune system"....the Doc's told me, that there was "NOTHING wrong" with my immune system"...I actually cleaned up my boyfriend's bloody vomit from bleeding ulcers for 5 years and never contracted his Hepatitis C...very contagious that way....but, while I was cleaning up his blood, I picked up bladder cancer...

It drives me crazy trying to figure it out. But I guess the thing to do, is just to deal with it, the best I know how...there is a reason for everything...

I told the Doc that I felt real good to be so sick, and he said..."you're not sick.."

Go figure....

Anyway, I support the idea of the herbs and green tea and garlic and antioxidant supplements. I also do Essiac tea....gotta help this body out the best we can....thanks for listening to my random thoughts.....

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 8 months ago #830 by jhferry
Hey Chris, when I say herb I meant like herbs not herb : )

Although I was a heavy smoker of herb in my 20's. I am going on a 30 day cleansing of all my organs to start to reverse the damage. There are many tumor fighting herbs that can help this regardless of stage or malignancy. Im still nervous because it can come back and as something worse. The bottomline is I have to get healthy.

Im case your intersted, here are some things I have found to be uselfull in fighting tumors;

Vit C
vitamin D
fish oil
green tea extract
curcumin
inusitol hexaphosphate (IP-6)

There is evidence that whey protein is a great immune booster as well.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne