2 year report card

16 years 6 months ago #8059 by Fellowship
Replied by Fellowship on topic 2 year report card
Ha Mistic;

My Dr. never said anything about not drinking before hand he had me urinate first in his office and tested it. Then checked my bladder as to any additional urine inside me before I got the BCG. He had me keep it in for one hr. afterwards which I did until the end when I backed off on the time just a little. My Dr. from the first always under estimated the amount of pain in everything that happened to me by approx 50%. I can remember my first cyst cope and him telling me that this would be a slight discomfort boy was that a underestimate of my pain threshold. After that I have taken a pain pill before I have anything done. Back again “for me” BCG was a all night affair getting up every hr. and peeing “FIRE” by the next day I was exhausted from not sleeping and now the side effects of the flue like symptoms would kick in. Take the day off You deserve it, this is not a walk in the park you have a cancer and need the time off to recover. By Monday when you go back to work you will be fine.
Oh by the way I am 60 now got started with this stuff at 58.

Fellowship 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8051 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic 2 year report card

If I suspected my doctor was lying to me I would be actively searching for a new doctor.

Let me rephrase this--if you even slightly suspected your doctor was lying to you, why would you consider staying with him even a moment longer?

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 6 months ago #8040 by Mystic
Replied by Mystic on topic 2 year report card
HI FELLOWSHIP,

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS ABOUT BCG. I READ NOT TO DRINK ANYTHING, OR VERY LITTLE, ABOUT 4 HOURS BEFORE THEY BUT IN THE "STUFF". THE DOCTOR SAID I ONLY HAD TO HAVE IN ONE HOUR (BUT NEVER READ THAT ANY WHERE) AND I COULD GO TO WORK THE NEXT DAY. (IS HE LYING TO ME???)

I AM SCHEDULED FOR MY APPOINTMENTS FOR 11:30. HOLD IN ABOUT 1 HOUR (GEE I HOPE IT IS NOT TWO) AND THEN DRINK A LOT OF WATER, AND GREEN TEA. I WAS TALKING TO A WOMAN IN THE DOCTORS OFFICE AND SHE HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL, AS A MATTER OF FACT SHE STATED SHE NEVER FELT BETTER WHILE HAVING THE TREATMENTS.

I AM SAYING MY PRAYERS THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE MINIMIUM. IF I MAY ASK YOUR AGE PLEASE, I WILL BE 61 IN 3 WEEKS AND LIVE IN MIAMI.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON, BUT I AM SORRY YOU HAD A HARD TIME, WOW I HOPE MINE IS NOT SO BAD.

MYSTIC

Linda

16 years 6 months ago #8037 by Fellowship
Ha Mistic;

Nothing my urologist has done to me has been under the category of fun. I put him in the same category of my dentists when he is doing a root canal.
As far a BCG treatments I has most of the test book symptoms some fever and just feeling really bad. I would schedule my appointments late Thursday around 3 or so didn’t get much sleep that night then I would take off Friday from work. By Monday morning I felt fine to continue to work. The last few treatments I really had to push myself to not skip any treatments because of the treatments starting to build up on me. I learned to drink lots of water starting just after the treatment and continuing through the first night and next day. I also at the end shortened to time that stuff was in my bladder by just a little. That help me as well my body was starting to react to that stuff. I figured if I didn’t back off just a little bit I would have to skip a week and I really didn’t want to do that.

Fellowship 8)

16 years 6 months ago #8011 by Mystic
Replied by Mystic on topic 2 year report card
HI,

IF I MAY ASK,HOW WERE YOUR BCG TREATMENTS. I AM GOING TO START MY 6 WEEKS THIS THURSDAY FOR RE-OCCURANCE. THE LAST SCOPE DONE 3 WEEKS AGO SHOWED JUST A FEW TINY SPOTS, NON-EVASIVE AND WAS REMOVED IN OFFICE AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF OF SURGERY EVERY 3 MONTHS.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
MYSTIC

Linda

16 years 6 months ago #8002 by Fellowship
Hoops that’s a typing error I really meant to say 2005 passed blood and 2005 had the TUR. I really should have proof read my post better. Sorry about that.

Fellowship :o

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne