2 year report card

16 years 6 months ago #7987 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 2 year report card
Hi Fellow!

Your story sounds very, very similar to my own. However, I need one clarification....you started passing blood in 1995, and did not have surgery until 2005? Can you clear that up for me?

And, thanks for your post.

Regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #7983 by Fellowship
2 year report card was created by Fellowship
I felt that it’s about time to jump in and post a report since I have viewed this sight and gleaning info from it for approx 18 months now.
I discovered this sight after the fact of finding out I had bladder cancer and going through some of the treatments. To be quite honest with you guys I am glad I didn’t know about this sight before I went through my first experiences and treatment because “for me” the more I knew in the early stages the harder it was on me emotionally. I would start reading info either from what my Dr. gave me or from the Web about bladder cancer and the more I read the worse I felt about it. I think the mental struggles of this can be just as much of a battle for some as the actually medical treatments.

OK now that I set the ground work let me get you current on things.
In July of 2005 I started passing blood in my urine so I went to my General Practitioner and from there to my Urologist after tests and my first cyst scope and biopsy done in his office I found out the news bladder cancer. Come to find out I had two spots on my bladder walls one TA 3 grade carcinoma and one T1 3 grade carcinoma. We set up for TUR surgery and had it done on 9/12/05 not a fun week for me. After that had 6 BCG treatments starting around 10/05 and then had a second Cyst scope in office in 11/05 because of the irritation and just to make sure I had a second TUR done but no problems just red irritation and scar tissue. Since all of that I have had cyst scopes every 3 months for the last 2 years with No reoccurrences “Thank God” Just had my last 3 month done and now we are going for every 6 months my Dr. also gives me Fish tests and they all have be good as well. I know that 5 years it the true bench mark for Superficial bladder cancer but after 2 years and no reoccurrences I am feeling a lot better about my condition.
I would just like to say to all of you that stay current of the form THANKS A LOT there are a lot of lurkers like my self that have read a lot of the posts and many questions have been answered by just reading about others circumstances. My heart and prayers go out to all and especially those who have had worse conditions than mine. Thanks again for all those that have contributed to this form and I hope that my experience can help someone else go through theirs.

Fellowship ;D ;D ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne