2 year report card

16 years 6 months ago #8249 by Winndixie
Replied by Winndixie on topic 2 year report card
Your posting fits me to a tee! I was diagnosed in December of 2005, had tumor removed, more tests for next 3-months plus one hospital biopsy procedure. My last scope test was clear and I'm so grateful. Will be 2-years clear by Christmas!

AMEN, it does take time to adjust to the "Big C"---not to mention telling family and friends---their reactions. I LOVE THIS SITE and frequently check it out for new postings AND update on treatments.

Thanks for your posting, it reaffirms that I may be normal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8073 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 2 year report card
Tommy,

I can't say for sure, but, perhaps there IS a moral to the story. Perhaps Dr. Lamm is right in saying that your body has had enough.

Just my 2 cents.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 6 months ago #8072 by tommyt
Replied by tommyt on topic 2 year report card
I am coming up on my 1 yr anniversay of bladder cancer removal. I received a TUR in Oct 06'. Then started a series of 6 BCG. Not so bad early, but seemed to build up over the series. I would schedule 8:30am, home to hold it in for about 1 hour, and then off to work. Wouldn't advise it for everybody. Clean cysto after the fist 6 treatment, then another rouund of 3. These three were much more intense, with bleeding and tissue. Still maintained the same work schedule. Then another cysto (clean) and another series of 3 BCG. Once again they were more intense than prior. Last cysto in Aug, still clear. URO has given me until Dec before next peek, but then another series of 3 BCG. I had discussed this on a prior post. Most seemed that it was excessive treatment for a Ta1 tumor. I have also discussed this in emails with Dr. Lamm and he stated it seemed like I have had all I can take. ???
No real moral to the story, just my experience.

16 years 6 months ago #8063 by Mystic
Replied by Mystic on topic 2 year report card
Zach,

I do not feel my doctor is lying to me. I am having the BCG for the re-occurance that I have had for the past year and a half, every 3 months surgery. This last time in June was the first time I had a clear scope except for two small things he lazered off in the office. Yes it was painfull, but I heard the words I longed to hear--NO SURGERY.

I am praying to get through the BCG with mild side effects.

Thank you for answering me.
Mystic

Linda

16 years 6 months ago #8062 by Mystic
Replied by Mystic on topic 2 year report card
Fellowship,

The doctor never said anything to me about not drinking before the bcg, I just read it would be easier to hold in the bcg if not much liquids in the body.

As for the time frame, Rosemary also stated the time can differ, each doctor has a preference. Mine did say one hour, I hope that is the case and not two. He said it used to be 2 hours but they did not notice much if any difference if helf in two.

I am having the treatments at 11:30 the first time, at 10:15 the following times. I hope to then drink a lot of water, I will see how I feel in the morning.

I get up every day at 4:00 a.m. to exercise before work, and only get about 7 hours of sleep a night and use to getting up every 2 hours to run to the bathroom.

I want to thank you again and every one on this site. They are so thoughtfull, and it is great to be able to read what others are also going through.

Thank you.
Mystic

Linda

16 years 6 months ago #8060 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 2 year report card
I just wanted to pick up on an idea of cytologies/cystocopies being compared to a pass or fail grade in school. (REPORT CARD)

Because I have not had any tumour recurrance since initial diagnosis, I get a test anxiety with each physical exam. PASS OR FAIL? Yesterday, I had a surprise call from the doctor's office that I was booked for an appointment. The news threw me, and I had an intense feeling of....test anxiety. More than worry about a tumor, I don't want to disappoint others.

I had run into into a friend of mine in the library the day before who had recently had surgery for a rain tumor. I asked how she was doing and she looked at me strongly and said, "The tumor is back".. When I got back to work, I reflected on her body language as she was telling me the news, and I wondered how hard it was for her to tell me that...

BTW, from what I am reading on this board, it seems that Doctors recommend different times for holding the BCG in the bladder. I was requested to hold for 2 hours. The time required for holding must not be a hard and fast rule...

Have a good day,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne