Re: What is 'normal' recovery - 39yr old?

17 years 9 months ago #801 by cta7978
Replied by cta7978 on topic Re: What is 'normal' recovery - 39yr old?
Huh, the guy deleted all his posts?

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #794 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Re: What is 'normal' recovery - 39yr old?
Jack,

Piridian and the other blue pill helps tremendously in stopping the burning at urination. I bought it over the counter without a prescription. You may also be having bladder spasms that could account for your pain many of us do. For my pain, I received a prescription of oxybutynin 5 mg with the instructions to take 3 times a day as needed. I could sure tell when I missed a dose from the pain that occured. Drink lots of water. To answer your questions about cysto's there is a need to know the type, grade and stage of your tumor. I am a 6 year experienced b/c survivor but not in your requested reply age group. Age doesn't seem to make much difference in the type of reactions or recovery after TURB or BCG treatment if otherwise healthy according to my research.

17 years 9 months ago #793 by cta7978
Replied by cta7978 on topic Re: What is 'normal' recovery - 39yr old?
Jack,

I believe less than 1% of people afflicted with bladder cancer are under 40 years old.  Lucky us huh?  Hope yours was low grade?

If your having trouble urinating (i.e pain) try some pyridium, your uro can prescribe. It turns your piss neon orange, but really helps with the pain. For added affect there is another drug that tuns your urine blue, but I have no experience with that one yet.

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

17 years 9 months ago #792 by cta7978
Jack,

Not sure 4 weeks seems a little long to have any major pain. How big was the superficial tumor? What stage/grade? I did have a recurrance of henaturia (blood in urine) about 4 weeks after my TURB, however that was during BCG therapy. You urologist should be able to address your concerns, but the contant thirst/diarrhea does not sound like a bladder cancer problem?

On the flip side I just had my 3 month checkup without a recurrance. Not a whole lot you can do to prevent a recurrance, but just remain vigilant in your checkups... If your recurrances get real bad, they may try BCG.

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne