2nd Round for BCG Treatments

16 years 7 months ago #7566 by Scotty
Replied by Scotty on topic 2nd Round for BCG Treatments
Wendy,
The tumors have been reacuring about every twelve months for the past six to seven years. I can't remember what the first chemo treatment was called but the third and forth I was treated with mitomycin. Tumors reacured again and were removed. First treatment with BCG (once a week for six weeks)was good for 9 months. On next cysto tumors were found again. Waiting for date for removal followed by six more weeks of BCG. Thanks for your kind words. It is fourms like this that make it easier to deal with this disease.
Scotty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7522 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic 2nd Round for BCG Treatments

Hi Scotty,

Did you have a recurrence and a biopsy, or is this a sort of maintenance? When you say fifth tx in 6 yrs, I am wondering how many treatments you've had so far, just curious, and my other thought is, are they working? I surely hope so, and seriously doubt you'd be receiving more BCG if it wasn't.

Take care,
Wendy

16 years 7 months ago #7492 by PostRational
Replied by PostRational on topic 2nd Round for BCG Treatments
Yes, the best of luck to you. I wish I could share some of the
"luck" I experienced today. Had my first cytoscope look-see since
initial surgery in April and the Doc couldn't even find the former
tumor site. Looked perectly normal.
My second round of BCG will start a month from now.

16 years 7 months ago #7374 by Nean
Replied by Nean on topic 2nd Round for BCG Treatments
Dear Scotty:
The best of luck to you on your next course of BCG treatment. I certainly hope it will go well. Please do keep us posted.
Kind regards,
Nean

16 years 7 months ago #7365 by Scotty
2nd Round for BCG Treatments was created by Scotty
Hi Folks,
I havn't posted in a while since my last BCG treatment. After nine months doctor informs me that its time for another round of treatment. The first time I had no side effects except the discomfort. No freezing was used or available. This will be my fifth time for treatment in six years. I will post more news after my treatments.
Scotty

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne