BCG worked

16 years 7 months ago #7302 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic BCG worked
dysplasia....pre-cancerous cells........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7295 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic BCG worked
Brewster,

Welcome to the "Hood"!
From the sounds of it, you are in good hands and on the right road. Congratulations on BCG's well tolerated. You needn't worry about your lack of side effects with BCG. I wish it were true that harsh side effects are a good sign of outcome, but alas, according to all my research it seems that side effects, bad or good, make no difference at all.

Please keep us posted as to how things are going. Bladderhood...I wish I'd thought of that....

Your new friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 7 months ago #7292 by brewster
BCG worked was created by brewster
Hello - Got a good clean report today after my annual CT scan and quarterly cysto exam following my first BCG 6-pak for CIS. I started the BCG in June worrying that I might not be able to tolerate it. Then after three or four installations I began to worry that it was not working because I was experiencing zero side effects. Like they say, everbody's different. I am humble and grateful not only because it worked, but also for no bad reactions. My uro follows the Dr. Lamm protocol, so I will get three maintenance treatments in three months. I will continue on Oncovite as I have since last spring. I celebrated with my favorite drink - a large chocolate malt.

My case history for anyone interested: smoked a pack and a half a day from age 18 to 38. After 23 years of no smoking, at age 61, a routine prostate exam picked up micro-blood in my urine leading a few weeks later in 8/02 to a TUR of a 1.5 cm TCC tumor, grade 1 TE1. No further treatment. For the next four years I skated along with regular cystos showing all clear. Then in 3/06 he spotted some "stalks" and did a fulgaration/biopsy which the lab called negative but questionable. In 8/06 he spotted some polyps in the vicinity of the original TUR site and did another fulgaration/biopsy which the lab identified as with displasia (whatever that is), no cancer, but "suspicious". Finally in 5/07 the cysto revealed 5 red spots which he thought and was confirmed by another fulgaration/biopsy to be CIS. That led to the BCG and the latest report. I am enjoying the moment but know that this road will go on with downs as well as ups until I'm pushing up daisies. Thank you all for being here - it's always good to know we're not alone in this pickle I call the bladderhood. Best, brewster :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne