Inflamation of bladder following BCG

16 years 8 months ago #7578 by patsbabe
Replied by patsbabe on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
Thanks for reply. Yes, I've been on Enablex and other same type meds for years. None seem to make a difference. Have a doc appointment Monday before 3rd of 3 BCG sessions. Maybe there's something new on the market. I figured this was a common side affect...was just looking for confirmation. Always good to know in these circumstances others were having/had the same experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7570 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
Are you taking Detrol or Enablex or some other med to help with overactive bladder? I took Enablex all the way through my 6 BCG treatments and it did help MOST of the time. There were times, particularly after a BCG treatment where the frequency got down to 30 or 40 minutes but it leveled off to about 60-90 minutes after a few days. Now, over two MONTHS (not minutes ;D) since completion of BCG I can go sometimes 2-1/2 hours or more. Still taking Enablex, though.

David

16 years 8 months ago #7565 by patsbabe
Replied by patsbabe on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
I had another round of BCG yesterday (2nd of 3rd)... I could hardly hold it more than 35 minutes. Isn't that better than nothing? Also...find that I need to urinate almost every 45 minutes. No burning or other inconvenice other than frequncy. Is this common to most of you?

16 years 8 months ago #7434 by rando
Replied by rando on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
Thanks Wendy.... I'm just trying to remember just how the BCG treatments went. The way I remenber it was 6 weeks( March/2005), then 3 weeks (June/2005), 1 year later 6 weeks (March/2006), then 3 weeks(Oct/2006) and finally 3 weeks (Jan/2007). Total 21 treatments.

16 years 8 months ago #7379 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
David,
I feel for you, and with you... literally. I just had my cysto and urethral stricture dilation with an inflamed urethral stricture. And he sent me home catheterized for 3 days. I couldn't get in and out of chairs without yanking my chain (if you know what I mean :P) So I spent the next 3 days standing all day seeing patients and walking slowly between patients. Thank God no little kid kicked me or anything. I couldn't wait to get the catheter out. It felt so good for almost ½ hour until the dysuria, frequency, and continuous burning pain returned. No real help from Urised or Pyridium, since he said my bladder's not inflamed. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm still cancer free. But it hurts :'(

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 8 months ago #7363 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Inflamation of bladder following BCG
Rando:

Thanks for the good thoughts :)

A cysto with an inflamed bladder is definitely an experience >:(

So much edema there that the Uro couldn't really tell whether there's still any CIS (grade III Carcinoma In situ) present so he's going to give the bladder another 3 weeks to calm down then another TURB early Sept.

How's your situation?

David

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne