Associations between Exercise and Quality of Life in BC Survivors

16 years 8 months ago #6880 by Patricia
OOOOH Stephanie....believe me Nurse Ratchett will have him up and walking before that !!!....He can hate her!
I wonder what the connection is between Lime Green Crocs and BC?
We may have stumbled onto something here.............Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #6879 by Stephany
Also, I can attest to the idea that you need to "act as if."

I used to wish I could find the time to exercise, and the energy to do it.

Now, I just shut off my mind, and go to the gym. I found that after a couple of months of it (yes, it takes 40 times to build up a habit), I actually have much more energy, and if I miss a couple of sessions, I can tell the difference.

So....act "as if" you were already in the habit, and this was just one more day of exercise, and it might (just MIGHT) be easier.

My husband keeps asking "where do you get the energy?" and he won't believe me that it makes a difference.

Let me know how the site goes.

Stephany in Iowa (going to get him up and walking 24 hours after surgery---I don't care if he hates me)

16 years 8 months ago #6878 by Stephany
I have LIME GREEN CROCS too! Let's be friends! ;)

I have them in pink, too.

But I've only walked miles in a mall on them. I prefer athletic shoes for working up a sweat.

And, I love Bill Bryson. Did you know he is from Iowa? Have you read his "everything" book? We have it on CD's---at 16 of them.

Feet to the fire sounds like a good idea.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 8 months ago #6876 by Zachary

As Bill Bryson put it, "Any language where the unassuming word 'fly' signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled." I'm mangling and muddling along. But that was good advice, Pat--thanks.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 8 months ago #6874 by Patricia
One of the reasons people confined to wheelchairs is that they may be paraplegics and have a catheter 24/7......a known irritative for bladder cancer. My little neighbor girl who is 9yrs old was born with spina bifida and just got her new Indiana Pouch because of the risk of the irritation of the catheter she had to always wear. We trade advise on catheters now. Little stinker....she was up and feeling great about 2 weeks after surgery!!
On that book Zachary....an old boss of mine who was executive producer of the half hour after school specials that i was a producer on was a fabulous writer. He said it was the most painful thing he ever had to do until he figured out to start in the middle.......then the end and beginning took form. So try some middle ground!! Pat

16 years 8 months ago #6872 by Rosemary
Zach,

You are so clever!! I do love the name of this domain! Funny and true.....you have a great idea here.... let me know when it's up and running....

You know, I've been thinking about this, and I wonder WHY people that are confined to wheelchairs are more prone to getting Bladder Cancer?. Does BC have something to do with a sedentary life style?

Now, there is a risk that I can finally relate to!!

My Feet Not Quite Reaching the Fire,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne