Cystoscopy

16 years 7 months ago #7066 by Gman1979
Replied by Gman1979 on topic Cystoscopy
After my TURBTs, my uro likes to do them on a Friday and keep the cath in through the week-end. Better to pass tissue with that tube in than without. But oh man it's a pain.

I would assume (just my guess) that if he would biopsy anything or remove anything, he could potentially send you home with a cath just so nothing sloughs off that you can't pass.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Greg

"I am third."
-Gayle Sayers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #6683 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Cystoscopy
Kalwasinski...it does sound like he's prepared to do a re-turb if necessary. As for the catheter thats pretty much at the doctors discretion....they all do it differently i've found. As long as the urine is clear as it was in my case my surgeon took the catheter out immediately after surgery....some want it in 3 days.....arrrgh!....When in doubt ask!!
Pat

16 years 8 months ago #6682 by KALWASINSKI
Replied by KALWASINSKI on topic Cystoscopy
Rosie,I will be in my Dr's surgery center at the clinic he has been at for 47 years. He does not do any Cystos in his office setting. Thanks

16 years 8 months ago #6680 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Cystoscopy
Kalwasinkski, It seems if your urologist has scheduled for you to be "alseep" during the cysto he or she is also prepared to remove any growths seen as well as taking some random samples which is done by some urologists. Some urologists take samples or fulgerate growths right in the office during a cystoscopy without putting people to sleep. Will you be in the urologists office or an operating room setting? I don't know of any urologists who put people to sleep in their office and do a procedure but there are some that do procedures in their office during a cystoscopy without putting people to sleep. Is that clear as mud? LOL Rosie Ambs

16 years 8 months ago #6679 by KALWASINSKI
Cystoscopy was created by KALWASINSKI
My frirst 3 m check up is this week I have talen BCG/INFRON A for the six weeks course and then had my 6 week break. I will be asleep for the Cysto but wonderd will I end up with a Catheter after the test? If so for how long? Any thoughts?
I also wonder can any my new or remaining tumors can be removed at this time or is that a whole new TURB? This is one I really don't understand.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne