Suggest to ALL

16 years 9 months ago #6191 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Suggest to ALL
You know i was just thinking back to my gross hematura and my instant panic when a CT scan showed something in my bladder....Cancer?...What?...there's no pain...just blood. Why doesn't it hurt?......My brain cells weren't connecting at the moment.....i went to the urologist my internist recommended and had my TURB done and a week later told that i had invasive bladder cancer!.....huh? I still don't hurt. I googled....I was completely overwhelmed by what i read and there's a lot to read out there most of which had nothing to do with me....the statistics just frightened me......the terminology was new to me....and though i made a great effort to educate myself its the contact with real people that had gone through the experience that calmed me down...cleared my head....helped me get on the right track.....i seriously considered burying my head in the sand. So while we have great educational tools out there its ok to try to gain first hand experience first....its ok to question someone elses direction. Absolutely educate yourself but there's no right or wrong way in the direction you choose to do it and those of us on the forum are invaluable to someone...maybe not all...but someone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6160 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Suggest to ALL
Hi Rosie and Zach,

Thanks to you both for bringing attention to the site, and Zach you're right, the former link at the top left of the forum doesn't work, I suppose it's the new set up we changed to recently. We will fix it tonight!
Wendy

16 years 9 months ago #6153 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Suggest to ALL
I agree--that's an excellent suggestion, as the main site is an incredible resource.

But one thing I've noticed is that from the forum, there doesn't seem to be any clear link to the main site.

So if a new visitor is sent here from a google search, they really wouldn't even know that there was another site affiliated with this forum.

Perhaps Wendy can remedy that.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 9 months ago #6152 by Rosie
Suggest to ALL was created by Rosie
In reading over some of the posts, I noticed several people stating they had "run across the forum recently." I also notice many questions that can be readily answered by those "new to the forum" looking over the entire blcwebcafe.org web site. There is so much pertinent information on that site that has helped me immensely over the years and I am sure will do the same for most others. I suggest everyone study all the information on that site carefully for in-depth answers and immediate help given and verified from Wendy, Joris and the medical advisors for bladder cancer web cafe. A terrific "search" on the sight can zero in quickly on your immediate concerns. The forum can be an adjunct for personal experiences and help to others also, but do take time to really study www.blcwebcafe.org Rosie Ambs

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne