How Long?

16 years 9 months ago #6180 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic How Long?
hmmmmm. ... where have my post gone i sent to you Alice?
I looked up Great Bend Kansas and found only one urologist in the entire city.
I think part of your site is somewhere else...i'll have to find it....probably out in cyberspace!!...Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6146 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic How Long?
Zach, you have been more than informative and very helpful. Good advice for anyone going through the same situation. I do appreciate the simple explanation. I now understand what others are talking about. I really am happy that you have been doing well with yours.

Again, thanks so much for your time and help!

Alice

By the way...Rhubarb pie is a weakness of mine, yum! Sounded delicious!

16 years 9 months ago #6143 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic How Long?
I'm back from my bbq flank steak dinner. With rhubarb/raspberry (from our garden) pie for dessert. If you asked me some of the reasons I want to beat cancer, I'd have to admit that rhubarb pie would be fairly high on that list.

This very site has a pretty good definition of a neobladder:
blcwebcafe.org/neobladders.asp

The short version is that after your bladder is removed, the surgeon takes a couple of feet from your intestine and makes a new bladder (neobladder). I can't sugarcoat the procedure; it's major surgery and takes some time getting used to. But I'm happy with mine, and haven't had any complications or problems.

Believe me, you aren't worried before your time if you're seeking knowledge and advice to help you make a decision. And everyone here is happy to help you as much as we can.

But don't worry and become fearful. That's not only counterproductive, it clouds your thinking and can really dominate your whole thought process, like weeds taking over a garden if they're allowed free reign.

Best wishes--Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 9 months ago #6139 by Alice L.
Dear Rosemary,

Thank you so much for sharing your similar situation with me. When I first started going to the doctor about my pain, they treated me for a UTI even though I didn't show infection just like so many others I have read about. They ran test after test and kept feeding me antibiotics for almost 6 months. They were about ready to give up and was going to do one more test, the cystoscopy. This is when they found my cancer. It was the size of a large chicken egg. The doctor was so very worried it had gone through, but it had not. I was like you, in hopes so much this is what was causing my pain, but again, like you, found out it wasn't. But our pain and situation sound very, very similar.

I really do appreciate soooo much that you shared this with me and have taken the time to write.

I do hope you are doing much better.

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6138 by Alice L.
Zach, I don't know about you, but after you had mentioned intestines and then bbq flanked steaks, my stomach turned a little queezy.

Do hope you are enjoying your guest and dinner.

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6137 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic How Long?
Alice, you aren't being a baby at all.

A new bladder was made out of a portion of my intestines.

I'll elaborate later--dinner guests just arrived and I'm going to bbq some flank steak.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne