cystoscopy after 4 BCGs

16 years 9 months ago #6050 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic cystoscopy after 4 BCGs
Sree.....its not unusual to go in there and have a peek after 4 treatments of BCG.....it will tell him if its working or not....you certainly don't want progression. Thats a fairly aggressive stage so i'm sure he's just taking precautions. Hopefully it will be a good prognosis.........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6040 by d2007
Replied by d2007 on topic cystoscopy after 4 BCGs
Linda

My dad is 67yrs old.

Patricia,
my dad's bc is categorised as grade 3 non-papillary and t1 n0m0.
The cancer went into the lamina propia. but no muscle invasion.

16 years 9 months ago #6022 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic cystoscopy after 4 BCGs
Sree...HI......what was your fathers original diagnosis...stage and grade...if it was superficial non papillary he may not need to finish the BCG. Some don't even prescribe it for that. Let us know and we'll try to give you a better answer..........Pat

16 years 9 months ago #6020 by Mystic
Replied by Mystic on topic cystoscopy after 4 BCGs
HI, SREE

MAY I ASK HOW OLD YOUR FATHER IS? I HAVE HAD 4 RE-OCCURING BLADDER SURGERIES IN 12 MONTHS, EVERY 3 MONTHS , THEY WANT TO START BCG BUT I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS. I AM 60 BUT HOPEFULLY WITH VITAMINS (8)AND EATING FRESH VEGGIES AND FRUITS DAILY I WILL BE FREE OF ANYTHING WHEN HE DOES A SCOPE IN SEPT.

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.
LINDA

Linda

16 years 9 months ago #6018 by d2007
cystoscopy after 4 BCGs was created by d2007
Hi all,

we opted BCG as 3 out of 4 doctors we saw suggested thatfor my dad. He had 3 treatments so far and seems to be tolerating well.

The urologist is suggesting a cystoscope after 4 sittings. Shouldn't this be after completing all the 6 sittings of BCG?

regds
Sree

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne