Just an update

16 years 9 months ago #6628 by cta7978
Replied by cta7978 on topic Just an update
That friggin tobacco Vin! As you remember I dipped the bear for 20 years prior to my T1G3 diagnosis - Glad you have been clean! Hope you can save that bladder! I had no problems quitting... but I drink alot more now :)

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5961 by pweization
Replied by pweization on topic Just an update
Rosie,
Thanks for your encouraging response. The Doc's said the fever is fine as long as its the day of the treatments and goes away with Tylenol...so far this has been the case. Unfortunately i can't say a fever is the only side effect I've had. They didn't really start until this round but I've had:
Fever
Chills
Bladder spasms
Extreme pain during urination
Passing huge amounts of tissue
Puss and Blood
I had none of this for the first six treaments. This side effects have only lasted 24 hours after the administering so for that i'm greatful.

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

16 years 10 months ago #5959 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Just an update
Dear PW,

I am very happy for you. Just one question. Are your Doctors okay with the fever? If they are, and this is your only side effect, then consider yourself lucky. I believe that the effects of BCG are cumulative also. In fact, I can testify!!!

Still and all, I am extrememly happy for you.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #5958 by pweization
Just an update was created by pweization
Just to bring everyine up to speed:
9/28/06-Cysto because blood in urine
10/6/06-TURB removed 4 tumors and scraped velvety patches
10/13/06-Diagnosed Multiple T1G3 w/CIS
11/22/06-Started 6xBCG
11/29/06-Stopped treatments because of massive gross hematuria
12/1/06-Cystoscopy revealed more tumors (not recurrences--missed during first TURB)
12/6/06-Took my business to the city. Mass General Hospital. Didn't want to take any more chances with the local bulk. Had Boston eyes look at my bladder and take over from there.
12/13/06-RETURB removed six tumors.
1/13/07-Started 6xBCG
3/13/07-Third surgery to biopsy areas came back completely clear of malignancies.
6/7/07-Three month cystoscopy also completely clear. Started maintenance BCG.
6/15/07-Just had my second treatment of maintenance BCG. These side effects are definitely cummulative for me. This one is killing me and I have a 102 fever. It only seems to last for the first 24 hours after the treatment but still...what a crappy 24 hours.

I know it's still really early to be excited but considering my diagnosis I'm pretty happy. Two check ups and no CIS. From what I've read that is definitely a good sign. I'm going to continue to fight tooth and nail to save this bladder of mine. I haven't posted in a while because of the uncertainty of where this was headed but i'm back now so please feel free to update me on any news that I've missed.
-Vin
34 Years Old
T1G3 w/cis
Excersized my whole life
Smokeless Tobacco 20 years.

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne