Bladder cancer in situ,hemmoragic cystitis, pain, frequency

16 years 10 months ago #5999 by wsilberstein
If you had a clinical response to Cipro, that almost proves that you had an infection. A urine culture to determine the organism with a plan for treatment seems like a good idea to me.
As far as constant urination, I had that reaction to just about every procedure. Detrol did a great job of controllng the bladder spasms. You'd need to talk to your doctor since it's a prescription medicine.
-Warren

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5837 by Patricia
Ronnie what was your original stage and grade of your CIS? How long ago did you have your TURB? What do you know about the original pathology report? Pat

16 years 10 months ago #5830 by Rosemary
I've had my share of agony with BCG, but nothing like this. And also, CIS is a different disease than my tumor.

I wonder if you need more Cipro till they can get to the bottom of this?

Please take care,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #5828 by ronnie
After eight days of suffering with sluffing off of reddish tissue. My internist put me on Cipro for 5 days and all pain and blood went away. Four days later I am in agony again. In the bathroom every ten minutes. I have started with another doctor this week because former doctor would not even get on phone. I am four weeks post last bcg #6. New doctor says this is probably later than usual. I am going to have a CAT scan IV(new three dimentional test) in 2 weeks and then another bx in July. Has anyone had these kind of symptoms and found anything to ease the pain or stop the running to the bathroom My bladder size is quite small.

Ronnie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne