What to expect two weeks after bcg treatment #6

16 years 10 months ago #5564 by ronnie
Thanks for the input. I am really upset which probably does not help the situation. Spoke to the nurse who said this is normal because the bladder lining has to sluff off. I have bladder carcinoma in situ. Of course she just told me to continue vesicare and she would speak to the doctor. Very discouraging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5556 by skypilot
I had the white tissue lots of it with BCG and interferon, after my second round. After failure of the first, then on that tur I was clear of the insitu, But I never had the red. I would go to Docter.

Hanging in there!

16 years 10 months ago #5555 by skypilot
I had the white tiisue, but not the red I for sure would ask the Doc. Don

Hanging in there!

16 years 10 months ago #5554 by timb
A reaction like this after two weeks seems unusual to me. My BCG experience was more in line with what you described; two days of discomfort and then it calmed down. I guess it can be unpredictable though. Id probably be drinking a lot and speaking to my docs if I was you. Hope things improve for the wedding.

All the best

Tim

16 years 10 months ago #5552 by ronnie
I was dx with bladder cancer in situ. Finished 6 bcg treatments two weeks ago. Treatment 1 and 2 ok. Treatment 3and 4 pretty bad. Normal spasms, running to bathroom and burning. Surprised that treatment 5 and 6 were only bad for two days each. Now after two weeks I started getting spasms and pain and frequency again. Before what sluffed off from my bladder was white dead skin and I thought that was good but now the sluff off is reddish tissue. Has anyone had this happen to them. Do you know how long this might last? My son is getting married this weekend so I need to feel better.

Ronnie 62 years old female

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne