Health concerns after bladder cancer

17 years 10 months ago #587 by sdefilip
Replied by sdefilip on topic Health concerns after bladder cancer
I'm trying not to drive myself crazy with worry but, in spite of what I've been told by two urologists, I am worrying about every ache or pain that I get. To add to this, just when I was thinking I might be making some progress in not worrying, I had my first cysto yesterday, after TUR of one tumor in February, and two new very small polyps were found. Even though I'm told not to worry, I am thinking that I am getting worse.

Has anyone ever had a recurrence with more polyps than they started with?

I wish I could turn my mind off!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #552 by amy
Replied by amy on topic Health concerns after bladder cancer
Well, I am glad I am not the only person who feels a little nutty after this diagnosis. Does a ta (no stromal invasion) grade two of four (low grade per. pathologist) have a low chance of metastasis or is it biologically impossible? I have read some articles that indicate a low grade tumor without stromal invasion can not metastasize. My pathology report states that it was reviewed by two pathologists is this normal or is this due to my age (26 year old female)? Does anyone have any knowledge on the subject of metastasis possibility?

Thanks,
Alyssa

17 years 10 months ago #551 by mworth
Replied by mworth on topic Health concerns after bladder cancer
Its all part of the deal I'm afraid, the fear. I remember someone posted "do I still have cancer if it was superficial low grad and removed? I feel like I do but no else does" That stuck with me. She needed some good ole sympathy! But....my sister is the one who created this website and the smartest person I know and she told me "no, you don't have cancer anymore and it won't come back!" And it really hasn't since 98'
It still didn't stop me from feeling like everytime I went for a look see at Sloan like I was playing russian rulette. I also drove to the chiropractor once with a pain in my head that was driving me nuts and sure that it was a tumor . One thing I can say is that as time goes by it is easier for us, we're lucky, but we still had cancer so sometimes its hard to feel lucky. Maureen

17 years 10 months ago #550 by cta7978
Replied by cta7978 on topic Health concerns after bladder cancer
I too have become a hypochondriac.. Since I had my T1G3 tumor removed back in March I have gone to the doctor for an x-ray for an inflammation in my right ankle, it was probably just a little tendonitis. I spit up a little blood one night, figured it was lung mets, however I guess it was just a cold that immediately went away. Had a headache for 2-3 days now and have wondered if I have a brain tumor... On top of that I bought some urinalysis strips to test for blood in my urine and have had positive results twice in the last month. My urologist told me to throw the strips away!

So, I understand what you are going through! I think you are just going a little nutty like me, however you have low grade superficial which has a very very low chance of metastisizing.

Chris A.
Diagnosed T1G3 - 3/01/06
37 yo, Seattle, WA

17 years 10 months ago #546 by amy
HI I had a superficial low grade TCC removed two weeks ago. I have been having generalized pain in my joints and bones?/muscles for the last week. It seems like every time I feel a pain or ache I get really scared and my mind starts racing ( Has the cancer spread?). I also have a polyp in my uterus that the o.b. and urologist claim are unrelated . I have been told that polyps in your uterus are usually not cancer and mine does not look or feel highly suspicious. However, since 26 year old females don't usually get bladder cancer I am not comforted by the term usually. The urologist reassured me that the tumor was just in my bladder but I can not help but to worry. Has anyone else ever struggled with this? I don't know if the pains I am feeling are of valid concern or if they are driven by anxiety. Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks, Alyssa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne