"Irregular Red area"

16 years 11 months ago #5460 by timb
Replied by timb on topic "Irregular Red area"
Mr
I had red spots in my bladder over the years. But usually as a result of some previous work. Not always though. In fact I had an unexplained red area that they kept biopsying and it was always completely normal. I think it's good that they are biopsying it, though, becuase a red area can also be due to the prescence of carcinoma in situ. My understanding is that this has a specific appearance (although it can also be invisible) often described as "velvety". If your doc says its probably nothing then thats probably his hunch. That its nothing. Try not to stress if you can and wait for the results.

all the best

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #5457 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic "Irregular Red area"
Well don't worry about the crystal lite.....i just read an article that said ..oops..we were wrong..it doesn't cause anything!!........Now i'm reading articles about deisel fuel and inhalation and how it will alter cells.......aargh.....I'm sticking to my chocolate diet!!
Sorry not much help on the recurrence.....the beast seems to have a mind of its own...it doesn't seem to follow a pattern.....some never get recurrence ..others get multiple tumors. Pat

16 years 11 months ago #5454 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic "Irregular Red area"
Joe,

If I remember right, I think that Wendy's sister (Wendy, jump in if I'm wrong), had a recurrance the first year, but has not had recurrance in the 8 (?) years since. Anyway, it's been a while. So, I don't know if that eases your mind or not.

Also, I would like to know, if you had a 2nd TUR after the primary TUR with Mitomycin C? Did you have multiple tumors or just one?

Anyway, I hope you get some sleep...

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #5452 by mrjoeo
Replied by mrjoeo on topic "Irregular Red area"
Hello Rosemary! Thank you for the reply!!

Well it turns out it was a low grade superficial recurrence. My unfortunate first! I had Mitomycin instilled on my first TURB almost a year ago and now this. Is this is a bad sign that I had a recurrence less then a year from my original TA grade tumor with the treatment?? If anybody has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate it so I can get some sleep!

Thanks,
Joe

16 years 11 months ago #5429 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic "Irregular Red area"
Mrjoeo,

It is good that even though your doctor thinks that it is "nothing" that he is still being cautious. I consider this to be a very good doctor. I don't know what the red spot could be, but maybe someone else has had this experience and will pipe in.

I always felt really bad about drinking Crystal Light. I don't know why, cause it tasted really good.

Please keep us informed,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #5428 by mrjoeo
"Irregular Red area" was created by mrjoeo
Hello all...

I just had my 9 month poke and peak and everything was clear except what my doctor called an "Irregular red area". He took a chunk for a biopsy but I am worried. My doctor seems to think it is nothing but I was once told that I have less then a 1% chance of having BC about a year ago and surpise I had a tumor, TA, G1. Is it normal to get red spots in your bladder from time to time?? I am 43 yoa, never smoked a day in my life but drank Crystal Light ice tea by the gallon years ago with all the wonderful artificial sweetners, I am thinking that was my downfall.

Thanks, I should have my biopsy back on Monday and hopefully he is right...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne