Hello to all,
Completed BCG no. 15 (6,3,3,3) on Feb 13, had quite an intense systitis for 3 weeks and then, started extreme weakness and general body pain, followed (same day) by 2 ankles' pain that made all other pains unfelt. paralyzing, not possible to stand or walk.
Various examinations taken at the hospital, including ankles puncture yielded a conclusion of a 'reactive arthritis' to the BCG. It is the 2nd time that the body reacts further to ~local bladder inflammations.
it is possible that I am now marked as a non-fit to BCG which is a problem. Protocol still has approx. 1.5 years to go.
Asked the head of Infectious* diseases dept. who closely monitors my situation, whether we can use any sort of preventive treatment at the time of the next BCG, 6 months from now, She looked a bit skeptical and we agreed that we will give it a good thought.
* If there is a known workaround that can be used, in order to allow completing the BCG protocol, I will be happy to learn.
The last thing my prof. knew before he had to pull off for a week due to an emergency, was the weakness. Early next week he'll be brought up to speed and I'll hear what he thinks.
*Ina blood count before deciding to get me to the hospital, WBC, leukocytosis was over 23,000