Dodged a Bullet!! (and an update)

1 year 9 months ago #61342 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Dodged a Bullet!! (and an update)
Hey Sara Anne…. What a globe trotter you have been. So…
1. Very happy about your TURBT results. 
2. Glad you got to take your long awaited travels. 
3. Sorry about the COVID. I’ve heard that about Paxlovid. ?
4.  Please continue to dodge those bullets. 
Take care…
catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #61331 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Dodged a Bullet!! (and an update)
Sara Anne,
How wonderful that you dodged a bullet.  Glad that you could take a lovely vacation, sorry that you got Covid.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

1 year 9 months ago #61328 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Dodged a Bullet!! (and an update)
I am glad everything is ok! Sounded like a good vacation other than getting Covid!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 year 9 months ago #61320 by sara.anne
Dodged a Bullet!! (and an update) was created by sara.anne
About a week and a half ago I had my annual cystoscopy (14 years out and counting!)  My urologist didn't like some irritation-looking spots he saw and he immediately asked me what I was doing the next Tuesday (That was reassuring....NOT.)  Urine cytology was negative, but I was on the calendar for a TURB for June 21.  He told me that he "didn't think it was cancer," but don't they always say that?
I was a nervous wreck!

Last Tuesday arrived.  Good omen...the "set-up" nurse was the best I have ever had at placing an IV (they always have difficulty with me.)
After the TURB, Doc reported that it "didn't look like cancer."  OK.  I still won't relax until the path report was back.  NO DETECTED SIGNS OF MALIGNANCY!!  We ARE going back to a 6 mos. cystoscopy (my choice) just to be sure.  WHEW.

Now for the update.  I was out of the country for almost two months.  Before Covid my sister-in-law and I booked an adventure travel trip to the Marqueses Islands in the South Pacific.  Cancelled and rescheduled twice, finally for March/April of this year.  Also more than two years ago I scheduled a repositioning cruise (NYC to Southampton) with a friend.  Cancelled and rescheduled 3X finally for April/May of this year.  I actually had 5 days between the two.  

Loved the Marqueses Island trip;  not so much the ocean liner cruise (but I knew before I went that it wasn't my "thing.")  After landing in Southampton we did spend two weeks in England...Bath, Wales, and London.  I returned from London and several days later was diagnosed with COVID!   Not really sick, just fatigued.  BUT primary care prescribed Paxlovid because of my "age" (don't you hate that?)  The Paxlovid was worse than the Covid.  Then got hit with the necessity for the TURB.  

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne