BCG treatment

1 year 1 month ago #61660 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG treatment
Hello, I really like hearing from you and Clyde.  You give me hope.  Tomorrow is my 6th BCG Treatment and as you know I have a break.  I get a scope in 3 weeks and then Doc will tell me how it went.  I am hoping that in about 2 to 3 years I can say what Clyde is saying.  I am greatful for all your posts.  Hopefully in a couple of years my posts will inspire some newbees too.  Thanks. Eddie S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #61659 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic BCG treatment
Hello everyone Just thought I give a update on my treatment. Just finish my first maintenance treatment with really no side effects just a lot of blood for a while for the first 4 hour after treatment.  My second scoping can out good. In April it will be one year clean. I have noticed that by adding a exercising program to my treatment it has help me so far.  I lost over 16 pound of weight by walking 5  mile a day  at fast pace over the last few months.
I am going to tried everything possible to prevent this cancer from coming back Will started second maintenance treatment in May this year and put it God hand . 

1 year 3 months ago #61557 by runner1256
Thank for information One thing I didn't mention I also started a exercising program walking 4 mile per day and have increased my time per minute
I walked around 14 to 15 minute per mile  It seem to help me with my side effect. I don't walk the day of treatment thou  

1 year 3 months ago #61556 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG treatment
The more treatments you have, the more irritated your bladder becomes and the more bloody materials you will see.  This is very normal.

You are doing great!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #61555 by runner1256
Just finished my 8 BCG treatment and I have noticed  a lot more blood in my urine when peeing I took 4 hour of  drinking a lot of water to have clear urine. I drink 8 bottle of water this time before clear urine.
 I really hadn't had a lot of side effect except blood in urine and having a hard time peeing. 

1 year 4 months ago #61493 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic BCG treatment
I just completed my 23rd BCG treatment today. I get burning in frequency for about 24 hours. However, any burning and discomfort is well worth the goal we all seek, I've been clear for 21 month's now. I had to do two 6 week induction courses because the first one didn't clear my CIS from my bladder. I'm following the SWOG protocol. There is allot of good information on BCAN.org. BCG is a blessing to me. We are fortunate to have access to it. Good luck with your future treatments!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne