BCG treatment

1 year 8 months ago #61400 by luvz2skialot
Replied by luvz2skialot on topic BCG treatment
The blood in urine was an effect of the BCG. You have to have more treatments because it's standard protocol
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #61399 by luvz2skialot
Replied by luvz2skialot on topic BCG treatment
My Dr told me to avoid all forms of anti inflammatories.  The pain like burning, urgency you feel is an immune response from the inflammation. Without the inflammation,  you don't have the pain, but you also don't get the therapeutic response. When it comes to BCG, the phrase No Pain No Gain rings true!

1 year 8 months ago #61396 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic BCG treatment
Just finished my second treatment so far no side effects I did drink 5;bottle of dansi water during my six hour. 
Hope all the rest go as good as the first two 

1 year 8 months ago #61395 by mcrider
Replied by mcrider on topic BCG treatment
All 5 of my treatments were without side effects other than minor burning. My urine was clear at every visit. the 6th treatment was the most painful but nothing I couldn't handle. Like I said the more it hurt the more water I drank to clear everything out. I am experiencing a lot of back pain and do get UTI's more often but that is normal after treatments. I was told 

1 year 8 months ago #61394 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic BCG treatment
I decide to rent a home near the Mott cancer center here for six week 
I drink about the same amount of water for my first treatment about 5 bottle of dansi 16.9 oz 

I have two restroom in the home I wear surgical gloves and bleach out my toilet stool as directed 

So far first treatment went very well no side effect My next is on Saturday

1 year 8 months ago #61393 by mcrider
Replied by mcrider on topic BCG treatment
 hubby and I used this treatment day as a getaway, we watched all out favorite movies stayed up late so I could drink water and use restroom. He was my support and anchor.  The BCG treatment will go great if you drink lots of liquids and follow the instructions. I have my 7th treatment in September, although my bladder cancer was clear the treatments ate to prevent the cancer from coming back. they will not be as often as the induction (6 weeks). hang in there and be positive you will get through this. Prayers your way

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne