BCG treatment

1 year 4 months ago #61479 by MnMom3
Replied by MnMom3 on topic BCG treatment
I'm 2 years and 4 months out from having my cancer removed, a TON of BCG treatments and I've remained cancer free so far.  My question is this .. does anyone else have on and off again bladder pain inbetween BCG treatments?  I'll do the treatments and then be fine and then 3 or 4 weeks later my bladder feels crappy ..then it gets better, then worse again, etc.  This started happening about a year into the BCG treatments.  Does anyone else have issues with this?  feeling like your bladder is maybe inflamed (no urgency or burning though) from time to time?  My doctor at the Mayo told me that the BCG is cumulative and continues to work up to about 6 months so I guess I'm thinking what's the reasoning why I sometimes have issues between BCG treatments (I now get those every 6 months).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider, Empathatic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #61451 by mcrider
Replied by mcrider on topic BCG treatment
If your scope came out all clear, I don't think starting the maintenance treatments a month later would hurt, However I am not a medical professional. You should call the person giving your treatments and okay it with them, because you don't know his/her schedule. Another thing to consider is things happen in life unexpectedly that change the plans we have made for our future. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #61450 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG treatment
I am not sure a one month delay will make any difference. Especially since you have finished your induction series. Getting at least a few maintenance regimens helps but, there so many variations I’d do what you have opted for. The main thing is keep those appointments and future maintenance series next year.

Edit add: There have been some spotty shortages of BCG over the years. I'd make sure your URO does have enough.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #61449 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic BCG treatment
Just wanted to ask a question to see if anyone can give me answer 

Why does BCG maintenance have to be done after 3 month. 

What happen if done at 4 month instead of 3 month 

Doctor wanted me to start my maintenance BCG in Dec and told him I wanted to  start it in  January. Reason why I didn't want start it during Dec w ith holiday coming 

1 year 5 months ago #61448 by mcrider
Replied by mcrider on topic BCG treatment
that is wonderful news.  I will keep you and others in my prayers

1 year 5 months ago #61447 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG treatment
It is always good to hear about success.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne