BCG treatment

1 year 4 months ago #61485 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG treatment
Thanks for the update. As per prior posts, a month should not be a big deal. Exercise is always good! 

Not that carbonated drinks caused my bladder cancer but, I got rid of those 14 years ago not to mention the extra sugar I lost. That carbonation can't be good for an irritated bladder as many of us have seen the old dirty penny get clean in a cup of coke. Eye opening.

I also added anti-oxidants in moderation. Blue berries and pomegranates that are high in these proven, helpful properties against cancer. Who knows?

Just simply better living.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #61484 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic BCG treatment
Just a updated on my situation I decided to wait another month to start my Misc BCG treatment. I will start back up in Jan 23. I started a exercising program walking 3-5 miles a day and started eating right. My goal is to lose weight and get myself ready for the next set of BCG treatment.   I have been blessed with not having any side effects from the intial BCG treatment and no cancer recurrence. I have been feeling great again and back to normal bladder function.  I figured the best way to fight this cancer from coming back is to use all tool available.At least my mental state is much better. I will continue to do what it takes to win this battle.  I have always been a fighter and I will give thanks to God and put it in his hands.Just have to wait and see what going to happen in my next BCG treatment. At least my mind set is ready.
 Everyone  need to look at this BCG treatment as one step leading up to what we all see as our final award Cancer Free.
I figured one of best tool of this battle is your attitude and you faith believing everything will be alright  I will be praying for you all as we go thru this together.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan, mcrider

1 year 4 months ago #61483 by luvz2skialot
Replied by luvz2skialot on topic BCG treatment
It sounds like the BCG is doing its job! It triggers an immune response in terms of Inflammation. You may on occasion have blood which is an effect of Inflammation. I wouldn't worry unless it is accompanied by painful urination. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider

1 year 4 months ago #61482 by MnMom3
Replied by MnMom3 on topic BCG treatment
I don’t have any urgency or burning.  My bladder will just ache.  I’m about 5 weeks out from the last BCG treatment.  I burn like hell for a week after each treatment and then am fine but occasionally my bladder gets angry and hurts out of the blue…feels like it’s probably inflamed.

I don’t want to cut down on the BCG.  I have less than a year left of BCG so I think I can make it with full doses.  Was just curious if others had on and off pain inbetween treatments.  I do 3 every 6 months now.  It’s always scary when you feel ANY pain..makes you wonder.

1 year 4 months ago #61481 by mcrider
Replied by mcrider on topic BCG treatment
I also experience bladder pain months after BCG treatments. I am also cancer free now.  When this pain starts, I now go get my urine checked for an UTI.  I was hurting so bad last week I couldn't stand straight, burned when I urinated, I had to call my sister to come help with my daughter, the pain was horrible, the CCN told me to take Uribel and pain medication or ibuprofen, but it didn't seem to help so I went to my primary care physician who did urine culture which turned out to be a UTI. I am now taking an antibiotic. Which helps tremendously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MnMom3

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #61480 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG treatment
First, welcome. MnMom3. Also, congratulations for being able to go deep in your maintenance protocol. As none of us are doctors, take any advice for whatever your read as we are "been there and done some of that, volunteers".

Bladder pain is usually cumulative. A couple of quick observations. Many have changed their strength of dosage to 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 even 1/10 as side effects rise. It also may mean you discontinue the regimen you are on as a few have ruined bladders due to reactions. Perhaps the most important advice I can give is keep those checkups!

Ask away as you have other questions as we all learn from every poster.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne