Gemcitabine/Docetaxel monthly treatment

2 years 1 day ago #61248 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Gemcitabine/Docetaxel monthly treatment
Someone posted his or her experience who had been treated with Gemcitabine/Docetaxel after BCG did not work for CIS.

1. Recurrence after two cycles of  6 weeks BCG treatments
2. Started Gemcitabine/Docetaxel treatment.   Each treatment took 3 hours.
2.1 Six weeks induction treatment
2.2 followed by two years of monthly treatment
3. NED for the 3+ years since the completion of the treatment
4. Surveillance  for the last 3 years has started cystoscopy + cytology every 4 moths now switched  every 6 months.

No side effects

This is the complete treatment and prognosis I have read by some patient who has been treated by Gemcitabine/Docetaxel sequential treatment.

best
The following user(s) said Thank You: ff99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 weeks ago #61224 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Gemcitabine/Docetaxel monthly treatment
The implementation of GEM/DOC protocol to general hospitals is rather new.  I started seeing the posting related to the protocol since two years ago here and there.  The teaching university associated cancer hospital I know just started prescribing formally since December 2021.  So, you many not find many replies. But, the protocol is 6 weeks induction treatment, followed by monthly for 12 months.   Below is the result of a clinical trial involving many hospitals for GEM/DOC protocol was published in May 2020.  It should answer to your questions. 

276 patients with median age 73 years old. including only patients with recurrence during BCG treatment. between 2009 - 2018
    9 patients quit the induction as the patients could not tolerate side effects

HG recurrence free survival  65% at 12 months and 52% at 24 months
Recurrence free survival 60% at 12 months and 46% at 24 months

10 patients (3.6%) had disease progression on TURBT for recurrence
42 patients (15.6) had radical cystectomy ( median 11.3 months from induction)
11 patients (4%) had progress to muscle invasive 

best  

www.auajournals.org/doi/10.1097/JU.0000000000000688

2 years 2 weeks ago #61223 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Gemcitabine/Docetaxel monthly treatment
I didn't want to ignore your post. Most the active posters I know have not taken the Gemcitabine/Docetaxel regime. However, reading older posts that protocol has had a lot of success. There are also some older posts regarding their use.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 3 weeks ago #61221 by ff99
Did anyone start monthly maintenance treatment using Gemcitabine/Docetaxel . If so, how was the outcome.
Thank you

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne