Still doing 3 month checkup

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #61171 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Still doing 3 month checkup
Doc,

Answering your question, I am doing great. I am one of the lucky ones getting this caught very early and responding well. Between BC, I then added 2 hernia surgeries, carotid artery, triple bypass, torn wrist ligaments, and a melanoma chop. Life lesson learned I try not to feel sorry for myself. Catch things early, don't hesitate to see the doc, get things fixed and biggest of ALL, there are people with worse situations than you and me. LOL, as mentioned somewhere, I have enough new body parts I am gonna last to 100 (not sure I want that as I'll likely new a new brain)!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #61170 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Still doing 3 month checkup
    Alan, how have you been doing? You are right, catching it early is a great big plus.

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #61169 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Still doing 3 month checkup
    Sara Anne, hi it's good to hear from you! I had a tumor removed from my bladder about 5 months ago. I had cancer removed from my face a week ago. And now I go in Monday to get 2 removed from my back.
      I told them to put my name on the pre-op door. Lol!   By the way, where is everyone??

2 years 2 months ago #61166 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Still doing 3 month checkup
Wow, good to hear from you. Don't be a stranger. While I am sorry about not getting past 3 month checkups, at least whatever is there is getting caught. Here's hoping you do graduate further and put it away soon. Ironically, my dermatologist found a melanoma 3-4 years ago that get cut out, Scary thought to have had 2 different cancers. As you and I have learned, catching things early are a big plus.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 2 months ago #61165 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Still doing 3 month checkup
Great to hear from you, Doc!!  And keep up with those 3-month checkups....no fun, I know.,

As for the skin cancers, maybe that just goes with aging.  I know, you are still a teen, but......  In the past five years I have had two squamous cell and one malignant melanoma (caught very early) .  Makes you wonder what might be next!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

2 years 2 months ago #61164 by dieseldoc
Still doing 3 month checkup was created by dieseldoc
   I'm still around. It's been a while since I've been here. 
  I'm still doing 3 month checkups. I just can't get to 6 month check!  I just got a new diagnosis of skin cancer now.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne