Knowledge on effectiveness of Chinese traditional / herbal formulas?

2 years 3 months ago #61085 by Jnani
Thank you JigStep.

Here is a table that specifies specific phytochmeicals for specific types of cancers (6 for bladder) 

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5099879/table/T3/?report=objectonly

from here: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5099879/

The Allicin and the 2 from Soy and Jinger seem not too difficult to adapt.  I'm trying to learn which of the allicin supplements can be most effective. 

Best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #61084 by JigStep
Hi Jnani:

Re: "So I shouldn't be too surprised if in the coming week's TURBT it will be CIS after first 6 BCGs."

Maybe, maybe not. I seem to have ongoing inflammation, which the Doc sees as potential CIS. So far, biopsied CIS-looking tissue has turned out to be benign. NED = No Evidence of Disease.
Thanks for the link on alternative approaches. I'm looking for ways to reduce the inflammation. Going cold turkey on coffee for 6 months didn't seem to make any difference.

7/18 Gross hematuria; 8/18 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, LG, T1; 12/18 TURB: benign urothelial mucosa, cystitis; 9/19 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, HG noninvasive; 6/20 TURB: NED, inflammation; 10/21 TURB. NED, inflammation.

2 years 3 months ago #61083 by Jnani
Jack,

BC (clear) means bladder cancer ?  tumors, as opposed to CIS (carsinoma in sito) ?

CIS remains inspite of all treatments ?!   

So I shouldn't be too surprised if in the coming week's TURBT it will be CIS after first 6 BCGs :(

What's NED ?

Thank you again and Be Well !

2 years 3 months ago #61082 by Jnani
Thank you very much Jack!

2 years 3 months ago #61081 by Jack R
Jnani,

>> "I wonder if we have here some solid knowledge on effective such formulas for bladder cancer?"
>> "Topic History of: Knowledge on effectiveness of Chinese traditional / herbal formulas?"

You question and topic are of interest and importance. We can all agree that it is vital to have the best, effective, available and acceptable treatments and medications possible.

When the conversation includes consideration of  health care practices beyond (so called) "Western Healthcare", difficulties frequently arise because of language barriers, unfamiliar history and (lack of) perceived benefit.

May I recommend the following article, a review of the basis and value provided by the variety of different health systems - developed and practiced by generations worldwide. 

www.hhrjournal.org/2013/10/traditionalalternative-medicines-and-the-right-to-health-key-elements-for-a-convention-on-global-health/

Best,Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnani

2 years 3 months ago #61080 by Jnani
Hello to All

In a Cystoscopy earlier this week, red elevated zones were seen, and my prof. will run another TURBT in the coming week in order to hopefully rule out CIS
---
A kind patient I met outside spoke with me about her parallel Chinese traditional med. treatment.
I started investigating it a bit, came across some formulas that are considered specific to bladder cancer (t.ly/aYGg) , and also emailed prof. Yong Xia from this article www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8120318/

I wonder if we have here some solid knowledge on effective such formulas for bladder cancer?

Thank you very much and Good health to all!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne