T1 HG +CIS - best known methods for surveillance and recurrence prevention

2 years 5 months ago #61033 by Jnani
Thank you very much joea73.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #61032 by joea73
I just called and talked to a receptionist of the US office in Pa.  1-888-212-7326.  
They are open till 5:PM Eastern Standard Time.   Sorry I did not ask what time they start in the morning.
Sounds like you can talk to their oncologist consultant.

best

USA
Pacific Edge Diagnostics USAFor Cxbladder Enquiries:
Phone: 1-855-CXBLADR (855-212-7326)
Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
For Corporate Enquiries:
Hershey Center for Applied Research
1214 Research Boulevard, Suite 2000
Hummelstown, PA 17036, USA
Phone: 717-276-0474
Fax: (717) 220-7006
Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web:  www.pacificedgedx.com/pedusa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnani

2 years 5 months ago #61017 by Jnani
I emailed AU & US office of CXBladder ~the day I learned about them from you.   they never responded.
Thanks!!

2 years 5 months ago #61013 by Jnani
Thank you very much joea73!

2 years 5 months ago #61012 by joea73
Short answers for biomarkers.
UroVysion (FISH) by Abbot Lab - FDA approved - 20 years old technology 
CxBladder by Pacific Edge Diagnostics - Not yet FDA approved by it is covered by Medicare - 10 years old technology
All urine analysis including cytology are highly accurate in detecting high risk (high grade, CIS) but not so good in detecting low grade.

Bluelight cystoscopy (Flexible) by Cysview  of Photocure (Chemical) with Karl STORZ (Equipment) 
Bluelight cystoscopy(BLC) used be approved and used only during TURBT in OR..   Improved detection rates with BLC, in particular for CIS, Ta and high-grade tumors.   False positive is about 10% either with white light cystoscopy or Bluelight cystoscopy.  Now FDA has approved the use for surveillance cystoscopy.   The consensus (2018) by urologists recommend  the use of Bluelight cystoscopy for surveillance at 3 moths, 6 months, then every 6 months for patients at high risk of recurrence in the first 2 years.   But, the urologists do not recommend BLC for low grade.

best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnani

2 years 6 months ago #61005 by Jnani
Thank you very much Sara Anne!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne