New to the Forum

2 years 6 months ago #60990 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic New to the Forum
Jerry,

Welcome. You are checking all the boxes to get rid of this. The second opinion at Emory was a good move and from what I understand is an excellent center for this disease. Having a 5th BCG treatment is good with what I assume will follow with one more before a cystoscope to look. I doubt they will do another TURB unless things don't look right.

Keep posting as you have more questions. With some kind of maintenance in BCG, the odds are with you that will be the end of this. As we all say, keep those appointments and follow-ups!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #60988 by Jerry128
New to the Forum was created by Jerry128
I am a male, 78 years old.  I am currently residing down in Panama.  I was diagnosed in July with high grade  urotelial papilar carcinoma of the bladder.  This was discovered after prostate surgery which came back negative for any cancer and at that time problems with the bladder were noted.  TUR-BT surgery was preformed .  BCG local therapy began in August and I have my 5th treatment this week.  I have had no problems with any of the treatments and the only pain has been minor discomfort when peeing.  Fortunately I have been able to go on with my normal life, even knowing that I have this terrible disease.  Of course I dread at the end of the 6 treatment to go back into surgery not knowing what will be found.    Best I just keep positive thoughts.    Also I did get a second opinion for the treatment for my type of bladder cancer with the Emory Winship Cancer Institute in Atlanta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne