kidney stent

2 years 8 months ago #60876 by JigStep
Replied by JigStep on topic kidney stent
Can't say I feel you pain, but I feel for you, busaman. Good luck on getting that damn thing out.

7/18 Gross hematuria; 8/18 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, LG, T1; 12/18 TURB: benign urothelial mucosa, cystitis; 9/19 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, HG noninvasive; 6/20 TURB: NED, inflammation; 10/21 TURB: NED, inflammation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #60875 by busaman
kidney stent was created by busaman
My latest procedure on Tuesday resulted in the doc placing a stent in my left kidney, becuase he went into the kidney to look for tumors or lesions that are not showing up on xrays.  I believe he took some tissue for biopsy from the left kidney.  My ureter washing from last month showed atypical cells in the left ureter.  This kidney stent is the most painful thing I have experienced so far.  They gave me narco for the pain but it is only minimally helpful.  The stent was supposed to stay in there until August 9 but the doc called yesterday and said he will be removing it tomorrow.  Can't wait to get this thing out of me.  It feels like you are being stabbed in the gut and every time you pee it feels like all the parts in the urinary system are spasming.  I was screaming in pain the first night and considering going to the ER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne