Continued pain and urgency 4 months out

2 years 9 months ago #60857 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Continued pain and urgency 4 months out
Bladder is still quite irritated on cystoscope.  Having another scope end of July.  

I keep thinking gratitude every time I pee.  Yet it is limiting in what/where I’m willing to do or go.  

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #60856 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Continued pain and urgency 4 months out
Yes, the urgency will pass. By induction 4-12 for me, I remember I wouldn't venture out of the house for a day as once it hit, I had about 15-20 seconds to locate the restroom. The second day after, I could travel but, I always had my eye on where a restroom was.

If you are into the 3rd round of maintenance, pat yourself on the back. Many do not get that far and very few actually complete the prescribed 5 year program. Nothing says you have to finish this especially if you ruin your bladder in the process. As you are 4 months past the last course you may be at that point. What does your Doc say when he does the cystoscopy? Is the bladder still irritated? Does the team have any other advice?

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 9 months ago #60855 by Shacky73
Continued pain and urgency 4 months out was created by Shacky73
I had my 3rd round of maintenance BCG in February.  Still having urgency - which can get quite painful especially if I have to hold it for any length of time.  Sometimes it will pass but usually it’s Katie bar the door!

In particular I almost always get urgency upon standing up.  One urologist told me it’s bladder spasms due to abdominal organs weighing down on bladder.

Does the pain and urgency ever go away?

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne