Clear Cystoscopy & Biopsy: Thanks to God

2 years 11 months ago #60690 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Clear Cystoscopy & Biopsy: Thanks to God
Hi Bills,

Thanks for the clarification.   Actually, I think ONCO-BCG is a trademark of Serum Institute of India  (SII), a large vaccine maker in India.
Cipla seems to have an exclusive distributorship of SII ONCO-BCG in the middle east. SII ONCO_BCGs are exported to many foreign countries through their distributors. Anyway, it is the Russian (Moscow) strain of BCG.  All strains including Russian Strains, TICE strains had originated at the Institut Pasteur in France.    I have found a small study involving 150 patients in India and compared the efficacy and the side effects of 40mg, 80mg, 120mg.   The efficacies among the 3 groups were not much different, but the lower the dose, it showed fewer side effects.  Below is the link for more detailed information.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18158020/

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bills

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #60686 by Bills
Replied by Bills on topic Clear Cystoscopy & Biopsy: Thanks to God
Hi Joea73,

I mentioned that our future plan is 1/2 dose of BCG 4 to 6 weeks after TURBT, which comes out to be 2nd week of May 2021. My father had 80mg of full dose for induction which was two vials of 40mg each. Below is the composition of BCG we used 

Stain:  Bacillus Calmette-Guerin strain
Manufacturer: Cipla Ltd
Dosage : 80mg ( Two 40mg vial in 50 cc of saline) 

No my father is not on clinical trails on any other BCG stain. We are in UAE and I think BCG we got is imported from India and Germany. We used one of those exported one. Not sure which one. But Indian pharma has a good repo here in UAE and are more trusted.

Now as per Uro we will go with one vial of 40mg in our future maintenance course. Uro further suggested that if side effects persists we will further reduce the dose to 1/3 or 1/4

I hope I answer your question. For any clarification I will be glad to assist. I have attached the image of the BCG which we used.

Thanks , God Bless & Respect
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #60684 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Clear Cystoscopy & Biopsy: Thanks to God
Hi Bills,

Congrats on a very good result. 

I have a question.  You mentioned that 40mg will be administered 4-6 months later to mitigate the risk of side effects. What was the full dose?  What BCG strains / the manufacture has your dad been treated with?   Merck Onco-Tice comes in 50mg per vial and that is a full dose.  1/3 is about 17mg.  Is your dad on the clinical trial with Tokyo-172 strain BCB?   I know Tokyo-172 strain by Japan BCG Lab comes in 80mg and 40mg per vial.   Tokyo-172 strain BCG has been on Phase III clinical trial  NCT03091660 to compare with Merck Onco-Tice strain BCG.

best

2 years 11 months ago #60681 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Clear Cystoscopy & Biopsy: Thanks to God
Glad to see a good report. I am trusting the BCG will end any other issues. Now, tell your Dad to go on with his life!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bills

2 years 11 months ago #60680 by Bills
HI All

I am having a good news for my father. We had cystoscopy last week which was clear with small mucosal elevation and we had some muscles samples for HPE. Reports have came and its says sample mass is bladder chronic cystitis with edema of lamina propia. 
other sample was multiple muscles which is also having no sign of malignancy or atypia.

I am blessed with this news this morning and it means my dad is ca free. BCG 40Mg after 4 to 6 weeks from now 

I thank all members of this forum 
Special thanks to Sara, Alan and Joae73

God Bless

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne