Urine Infection and Urgency Comes Back

3 years 2 months ago #60395 by sbills
Replied by sbills on topic Urine Infection and Urgency Comes Back
Hi Sara,

Thanks for the information and sharing your experience. Appreciated. I wish you a healthier life and a long life as well. Hopefully my father will have same positive results as well. I will try my best to make sure that happens.

I will be posting updates here to help others fight this disease.

Wishing you and everyone a very happy and healthy new year.

Thanks n Respect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #60394 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Urine Infection and Urgency Comes Back
No, I am not now on BCG. I was diagnosed in 2008 with both papillary and CIS. Then did the 6 week BCG induction series, followed by almost two years of BCG-maintenance where I received BCG once a week for three weeks every three months. I did have episodes of "BCG-induced cystitis" where I had to wait a few weeks until it healed before resuming BCG treatments. Due to increasing side effects I was on a reduced dose of 1/3 the original dose by the time the maintenance treatments ended.

At first, after the diagnosis, I was having cystoscopy exams every three months. After two years this went to every six months and when five years had passed with no recurrence I went to an annual cystoscopy exam which will go on "forever."

Due to the BCG I have now been cancer-free for over 12 years.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 2 months ago #60393 by sbills
Replied by sbills on topic Urine Infection and Urgency Comes Back
Hi Sara,
Thanks for the reply. He was on antibiotics before one month and he stopped it as he was taking it since his TURBT(14th Sep 2020). We encouraged him to take a lot of fluid so as to clear his urine infection rather than taking medicine.

I think now we have to start the antibio again.

Off records, are you still on BCG ? if no when you stopped and are you still under surveillance? How was your first two years? Just curious to know so as to gain some strength. Can you just brief me about ur main incidents ?

Thanks for the reply and feedback.

Regards

3 years 2 months ago #60391 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Urine Infection and Urgency Comes Back
The symptoms you describe could very well be from the infection, and not from the BCG. Assume that he is being treated for the infection? As soon as it is under control his symptoms should disappear.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 2 months ago #60388 by sbills
Hi ,

Need advise from your inputs

My father had 4 doses of BCG induction. Last BCG was on 23th Oct and was having side effects of urgency and burning since then. He recovered from these very well and was able to hold the urine for 2-3 hours and burning was also subsided.
But again he developed the same side effects since one week. Also urine infection is showing in urine analysis with puss cell increase.
Any suggestion what could be the reason for returning of side effects? Your advises and suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne