Non muscle invasive cancer, bladder removed, still mets

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #60162 by Alan
Cros1953,

Welcome. I am just sorry to read about your hubby's recurrence. Although my cancer treatment has done better, I simply wanted to re-assure what you already know. You have done well by getting treated at Mayo. They should be on the cutting edge of things.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #60161 by Cros1953
My husband was diagnosed with T-1 high grade bladder cancer two years ago. He has been treated at Mayo Clinic. BCG was unsuccessful. His bladder was removed and cancer was also found in one of his kidneys-so a kidney removed as well. Lymph nodes and other biopsies during surgery showed no spread of cancer into muscle wall of either the bladder or kidney removed. Lymph nodes were also negative for cancer. Mayo MD’s determined all cancer was removed and no need for further treatment -only recommended on going scans/monitoring. My husband has been doing really well and checked every three months at the Mayo Clinic; after one year, very small nodules were noticed in his lungs during regular 3 month checks-but too tiny to biopsy until this fall when they were determined large enough to biopsy. Biopsy showed a reoccurrence of bladder cancer in four nodes in his lungs, all remain small to date-less than 13 millimeters in size. My husband has remained asymptomatic throughout. He is now starting chemo therapy at Mayo. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne