Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis

3 years 4 months ago #60140 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
BCG treatment number 3 completed today. Just some burning for a few hours. No other issues.

I'm now looking into taking some natural supplements as another avenue to get rid of the bladder CIS. I have read that Aged Garlic Extract and broccoli sprouts can be effective. I searched but could find no info on whether these products help or impede BCG. Since they are both natural substances I will probably try them both. Has anyone else tried supplements?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #60128 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Glad your BCG is going well.

Wouldn’t worry over much about the cytology result. These tests just mean that “something “ should be checked, but they are notorious for giving false positives, indicating cancer when there is none.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 4 months ago #60127 by Clyde
Completed my second BCG treatment today. No problems or issues. It actually seemed easier then the first treatment. This time I didn't have any bleeding. Only issue is the burning pain.

Before starting the BCG treatments I went to a new Uro=Oncologist for a second opinion. He was very thorough and did his own Cystoscopy as well as a cytology urine test. He said the Cystoscopy was negative. The cytology test came back as "suspicious" for malignant cells.

Hoping the BCG works to remove all suspicious cells!

3 years 4 months ago #60108 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Great, Clyde! You are on the way to beating this.

The nurse was correct in that the side effects do tend to increase the more BCG treatments you have. Fortunately, this is exactly what you want to happen! The BCG is kicking up your immune system and your body is reacting. While it may be uncomfortable for you, we hope it is "more uncomfortable" for cancer cells!!

You've got this!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 4 months ago #60107 by Clyde
I had my first BCG treatment yesterday. It wasn't too bad. I didn't like the catheter but fortunately that process goes quickly. No problem holding the BCG for two hours. I did have burning when I urinated and I passed some blood and other 'particles". I drank a ton of water and gatorade to flush my bladder. Those symptoms only lasted about six hours. I did read somewhere that the other "particles" you pass are white blood cells clumped together, which probably means the BSG did what it was suppose to do. Hopefully the next five treatments will go as well as this one, but the nurse said sometimes the get tougher the more you have.

3 years 5 months ago #60057 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Its bit complicated.

I find the below talk by Dr.Kamat of MD Anderson answers some of questions you have.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne