Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis

2 years 2 months ago #61179 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Obviously, recurrences are not good. Trying another agent has its merits. At the same time, BCG sometimes has been done with interfuron added on recurrences. Ask further probing questions of why your URO prefers one or the other? I have to admit, I don't know what I'd do as both applications are good. Perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

Another possibility is a second opinion.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duhhawaiian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #61178 by duhhawaiian
Replied by duhhawaiian on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Hi Sara Anne,    I had the TRBT about 9 months ago for gross bleeding in bladder. .  Then did the 6 weeks of BCG.  My urologist said the bladder looked ok after the cystoscope.   I asked about doing the maintenance BCG but he said we don't do it that way.  Had the cystoscope 3 months later and it looked fishy so I got the urinalysis.  That came back suspect so we did the biopsy.  The biopsy came back with CIS.  Would you do the BCG again or Gemcitabine like the urologist wants to do now.  Not a good situation now.  I'm thinking BCG myself.    Thank you much,     Duhhawaiian

2 years 6 months ago #60999 by Alan
Always good to read about sucess.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 6 months ago #60998 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Update: Had my 3 month cystoscopy and cytology test and both were negative for cancer! Now I'll start my next round of maintenance BCG....#'s 16,17 & 18 for me. 

The Dr did see some inflammation  in the bladder from the BCG. So far I've tolerated the BCG well. Hopefully that will continue. It's amazing how BCG can work to stimulate your own body to get rid of CIS in the bladder. I'll never complain about any minor side effects from BCG. Definitely worth it!

Good luck to all on this journey of ours!
The following user(s) said Thank You: joea73

2 years 9 months ago #60832 by Alan
You are the way t. Glad for the good updates!o making this a distant memory

2 years 9 months ago #60831 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Great news to hear !!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne