Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis

1 month 2 weeks ago #62122 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
That is good news!!

I am now almost 15 years from CIS diagnosis, BCG, etc.  Still getting CT-Urogram every five years and annual cystoscopy. 

Keep up the good work!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #62117 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Congrats.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 month 2 weeks ago #62116 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Had a Cystoscopy and cytology test last week and both were negative. Now I'm 3 years cancer free!!   I'm going on 6 month surveillance cystoscopies. He is also doing a CT urogram in 6 months.  So far so good! I hope everyone has good fortune on their journey.

3 months 2 weeks ago #62079 by Alan
I am happy for you! I am guessing it is the minority that able to get through the complete the regimen. Congratulations and thanks, giving all hope.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 months 2 weeks ago #62078 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic Carcinoma In Situ diagnosis
Finished BCG instillation #30 today. That completes the SWOG protocol for me. Started in October of 2020, First induction series didn't work, fortunately my doctor suggested another induction series and so far my tests have all been clear. I see him in Feb. 2024 and if that is good he'll probably just put me on surveillance. I was lucky to be able to tolerate the BCG at full strength with just some urgency and burning for a day. It's been quite the journey since I first posted on this message link. I'm very thankful for all the support and advice I have received in this forum. Good luck to everyone dealing with this. 

7 months 2 weeks ago #61941 by Alan
Always love to read about success! And it helps all that visit the forum!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne