Recurrence 5 years out

3 years 7 months ago #59781 by BadBladd
Replied by BadBladd on topic Recurrence 5 years out
Well thanks for that input. That certainly would be a lovely outcome but since I've already had the cancer once, seems like a possible return. The doc made this notation to me in her report: "It was interesting that your urine looked completely normal despite the recurrent lesion in your bladder." This sort of gives me hope...sort of. I also was negative for hematuria. I have a friend with the same exact outcome - 5 years ago, same size tumor, in the same place in bladder. She had her cysto in June - all clear!! Her doc (Mass Gen) said she could go without annual cystos going forward. She is not comfortable with that, nor would I be, so will continue.
We'll see what the new doc has to say come Sept 11th. Another cysto in order, naturally -then a surgery date will be set.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59780 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Recurrence 5 years out
Sorry for the recurrence...or what appears to be one. Let's hope that somehow it is not cancerous only because there have been those few that aren't! Thoughts? You simply won't know about what your URO saw until the pathology reports comes in.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BadBladd

3 years 7 months ago #59773 by BadBladd
Recurrence 5 years out was created by BadBladd
Not sure if I am still nimbc or not since I have not had surgery to determine. Aug 27 doc scoped me and came up with 3-4mm sessile lesion. I am seeing a new doc in the state where I live on 9/11. I can't hack the hour commute any longer so will be seen locally for another scope and surgery date determination. I had a 2cm tumor in Jan 2015. It was a papillary tumor which I think is the better type due to sessiles getting into bladder wall more frequently. Any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne